RX350, Lease Trade In, Extr Low Miles, Any bargaining advice for next vehicle?

Hi all, new here. I have a ‘21 RX350 Premium+. Lease ends in a few weeks. Car, inside and out is in pristine shape and only has 14,600 miles on it (30K was allotted). I want to get the 2024 model. My buyout is $32,700. Carmax has offered me $36,000. The dealer in my area (central FL) just sold the identical car, (year, make, trim, everything) with 4,000 more miles for $54,000+.
Not sure if it makes a difference, my current plates are registered to CA. Recently moved to FL. Lexus financial told me that would not be a problem at trade in/buyout.

My first question is, can I, in any way, use the printout of the 2 vehicles they just sold at $20K more than what my buyout is as a negotiation tool toward a lower down pymt or ticket price? If so, what is the best strategy to use this toward either a new lease or a new purchase?

Second, with the above info in mind on my current car, would it benefit me more to do a lease or a purchase at trade-in? This will be my 4th consecutive car with Lexus, using Lexus Financial each time. They have all been leases. I am not concerned with mileage as all 3 have been turned in WELL under the maximum.

Last, would it suit me better to sell it to a 3rd party dealer (or use that option as a negotiating tool with my dealer here) or to let Lexus dealer handle trade-in and new transaction?

Thanks!!

Correct but keep in mind in Florida that you must buy out your LFS lease from a dealer. IIRC FL also has a sales tax credit for trade-in.

Ignore the resale data point, get more 3rd party purchase quotes to compare, and start negotiating

Great info. Thank you! Just so I am clear, you are saying that with LFS, I need to bring my car back to a Lexus dealer. I cannot sell it to a third party (Carmax, Carvana, etc). I am only using their quoted buyouts as a negotiating took if I can.

That’s not what he’s saying. Why would CarMax give you a quote if you can’t sell it to them? Maybe you should look to purchase your next Rx instead of leasing.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.