RX 450h+ (PHEV) vs 350h

I’m doing some shopping for a family member and they have narrowed down their field to the RX 350h luxury trim.

I saw the 450h+ is coming out soonish and on the Lexus site they are planning (for now at least) on passing through the full $7500 on leases.

The plan is to put on around 15k+ per year, so leasing is not realistic, but maybe lease and buyout is on 450h+ makes sense? Price on Lexus website puts the 450h+ at a similar or slightly higher price than the 350h after the 7500 rebate. Purchase would be done in TX, so maybe there are some unexpected costs I don’t know about on lease and buyout so am looking into that still.

I don’t follow Lexus really, and from a post saw that @AutoCompanion doesn’t have discounts on 350h right now either, so my questions ultimately are:

• is getting a 450+ even realistic?
  • should I be hunting discounts on 2023 350h instead since 2024s are coming out? Or do discounts ever show up for 350h?

Appreciate your thoughts!

In Texas you pay sales tax twice, when you lease it and when you buy out. Unless you got sales tax credit for the first transaction.

1 Like

I was thinking of doing the same thing. Buying out the lease but wasn’t sure of any unexpected costs.

RX350h is hot merchandise, you will have a hard time getting discounts (you will probably be negotiating the markup amount on it). Also Lexus hybrids have terrible lease payments

RX350 Gas has high discounts in some markets

3 Likes

The RX350h has no direct competition in the field of mid size Japanese premium suv. The MDX doesn’t have a hybrid, and neither does the QX60. With gas prices climbing again, and a lot of people still reluctant to go full EV, the RX350h is under supplied and in high demand. My wife even complained about spending $400/mo in gas.

1 Like

That’s certainly what it seemed like. Appreciate the confirmation.

Lease isn’t on the table, just cash or finance. Looks like I’ll be on the hunt for MSRP

To add onto this, most RX hybrids are presold by the time it even hits the lot. My parents waited a few weeks for a luxury 350H to get one with the panoramic view monitor. Apparently Lexus also has had to deal with low supply of chips.

Funny enough, they tell you before you make the sale that they can only give you 1 key fob (also due to chip shortages). My parents are on month 3 of waiting for another key fob.

1 Like

Wow. Good to know. They were able to order at MSRP?

Would you please post a link to the exact location on the Lexus site where it says they are planning on passing through the full $7500 on leases?
I’ve got a deposit down in an RX 450h+, but the dealer claims they know nothing about the $7500 lease deal.
Thanks in advance

Looks like it may be regional - Lexus Offers | Experience Amazing

Thanks. Once I located this page, I found the offer details were different for me. I’m on the East Coast, and the list of states was different and includes the state I live in.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.