Rv/mf interactive lookup site

I apologize if I’m posting this in the wrong area, but I was just wondering if there is a good explanation as to why there isn’t an easy way to lookup (by make model and zip) the mf and rv. The system of posting in or searching through forums to find these values seems so clunky.
Maybe this is a stupid question?

Thanks

hundreds of brands and models change every month based on region. A lot to keep track of here. Best bet is to start at the Edmunds forum for the MF/RV then using the calculator here.

1 Like

It seems like most of the requests are answered by one guy… Where does he get his numbers from? Somewhat of a rhetorical question there but I just feel like it could be automated somehow.

I think it’s 2 or 3 guys that cover a lot of ground there. I’m sure they have their resources in order to get us the base MF and residuals. They’ve been really helpful and answer in a timely fashion.

It would make sense if the leasehackr calculator automatically populated the base mf and info for you.

It costs a lot of money to get that information. @RVguy seems to have access as well from the work he does. He helps around here when he can, but Edmunds seems to be the fastest.

Thanks for the info guys, didn’t realize it was insider information.

Very few data providers have all the program info for every lender in every region and get it in a timely manner. I don’t know which site the Edmunds people subscribe to but I don’t think they have all the programs for every lender in all regions. The one company that does sell all the data charges a lot for it. Over $100k/year with a multi year contract.

Oh how I miss the good ol’ days when GMFinancial posted their dealer workbook online for everyone to see.

1 Like

I would think that a website with all the manufacturers leasing numbers would be enormously popular, enough to generate a lot of web traffic, that they could advertise on it and make money. Of course the website would have to spend money on advertising their service as well, but that is the current model these days anyway.

I agree, such a site would be great. Edmunds lease forums have basically turned into strictly a “What’s the RV/MF?” site. Zero discussion about actual deals/leases.

@socal59 @XBeatzX

Unfortunately, the companies that aggregate and sell this data aren’t consumer facing and as far as I can tell have zero interest to try and build/monetize something consumer facing. They are strictly B2B which is why the price point is so steep.

If they were to create a location-based lookup web tool, they would kill their B2B product because the current clients could easily scrape it and eliminate the need to spend so much each month on the data access.

But we’ve all seen how much money successful websites can generate, maybe they would make more money as a consumer based website. Many websites offering free services have grown and made money and then sold for even more money.

@socal59
True, but when you are an automotive data provider around for many decades and family owned, to change revenue models is most likely never going to change unless the B2B clientele dries up.

Do you know the names of some of these providers that sell MF/RV data?

We used to have public access to all programs, but unfortunately that was cut off about a year ago. Companies include DealerTrack, Chrome Data, Cox Automotive, RouteOne, Automotive Information Systems, ProMax – they might all be subsidiaries of the same company; not sure.

I dont think the general market is that large for this info. Only a small amount of people even understand how a lease is structured. Some of the dealers don’t even understand at times.