RV difference for 2023 Subaru Forester Wilderness

Hi Hackr experts! My 2023 Subaru Forester Wilderness has arrived and I need to pick it up this week. Been communicating with the dealership via email/texts for the last 2 months since the order was placed. Today after running my credit, they sent me a quote breakdown along with another sheet that includes the RV and MF.

I live in 92130, but the dealer is in 91362.

Edmunds gave me a RV of 62% and states that the dealership should be using that, but in the dealer’s RV/MF sheet the RV is 59%. The next step is for the sales team at the dealer to send me to finance to finalize the deal (they have asked for my DL and Insurance copy, which I haven’t sent yet). I told my sales guy that the RV should be 62%, but he replied simply stating that ‘the number comes directly from Subaru and not Edmunds’.

Any advice on how I should proceed? Thank you.

Have you confirmed that you both are using the same term & mileage for the rv? With a 3% difference leads me to suspect you are expecting 10,000 miles and the dealer is quoting 15,000 miles which on most makes / models would be a 3% swing.

2 Likes

Subaru’s sheet there shows

36/15k is 59%
36/12k is 61%
36/10k is 62%

The deal offer in the quote breakdown is showing a 62% rv. It looks to me like everything is as it should be.

1 Like

@ApexHunt - Yes, I had confirmed 10K miles is what I wanted

@mllcb42 - Hmm, you are right. I was focusing my attention in the Base Residual of ‘59’ in the quote breakdown sheet and the yellow highlight they made on the 59% in the RV/MF sheet, hence my panic. After looking more closely at the RV amount of $24,015.08, that is indeed 62% of the MSRP of $38,734. Thank you guys!

In the attachment titled “another sheet” if you look towards the upper left of the sheet it specifies that the rv numbers given are for 15,000 miles and then tells you to add 3% points for 10,000 miles.

1 Like

@ApexHunt - Yes, I see that and now I’m clear. Thank you sir!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.