Rookie ISO advice: Deal check - Kia Niro EV 24mo/10k - LA

First lease. Feeling green, but grateful for all the wisdom here. Would love some feedback, what to ask for from here:

Kia Niro EV Wind 24
MSRP: 41,155
LEV Rt/Amt: 71% 29200.05
Term: 24
Money Rate: .00312
Selling: 37,155
Rebate: 7,500
Cash cap reduction: 26.05
Total cap reduction: 7526.05
Capped fees: 425
Tax total: 1,247.87
Adjusted Cap Cost: 30,053.95
Fees

• First mo 241.10
  • Waste tire 11.25
  • Acq fee 650
  • Rec/handler 13
  • Title 18
  • Temp tag 4
  • Cap reduction tax 733.79
    Total Inception fees: 1,671.64
    +Cust Cash as Cap reduction: 26.05
    –
    Total drive off 1697.69

Disposition fee 400

Base monthly 219.68
Total monthly 241.10

Any and all advice on what to counter with, where to push - let’s hear it. Thanks everyone!

1 Like

I can’t get the calculator to perfectly match the fee detail they shared here, but I’m close…

I haven’t really been following Kia Niro EV deals. Are there any marketplace brokers in your area who list such deals? If not, I think there’s at least one in CA, so you could use that as a comparison.

Is the bump in RV for 24 vs. 36 significant? And what’s the buy rate MF?

1 Like

This is as close as I can get using the LH Calc…

I don’t like using online calculators preferring, instead, to use my own lease calculator programs. Although, the LH calculator is by far the best online calculator I’ve seen. Why isn’t the 650-acquisition fee taxed? In the LH calc, I had to include it in gov fees to avoid taxation. The residual is 29220.05, not 29200.05. Res factor = 71%. You may want to try to do the calculations manually so you can learn more about leasing. You may want to read the below pdf written by yours truly.

Lease Proposal with Formulas.pdf (439.9 KB)

EDIT: Why are they collecting an additional 26.05 from you and using it as a CCR? It’s unnecessary.

Awesome q’s. Didn’t know to ask but rate money factor. Will. 36 is 68%

Thx for the PDF! I guess 650 should be taxed. Good catch

Yeah no idea what’s going on with the 26? Anyone recognize what’s happening here?

Oh… That seems like such a small drop. Might want to check what buy rate MF is for 36 mo. The $7500 is more impactful in a 24-mo lease, but maybe do the math btw 24 vs. 36 mo to see what works better for you and your situation.

There is no justification for it other than to lower your payment by 1.83. A DAS = 0, would mean…

CCR 5906.33
CCR Tax 575.86
1st payment 321.56
Waste Tire 11.25
Acq Fee 650.00
Rec 13.00
Title 18.00 (your original post shows 18, not 18.50)
Temp Tag 4.00
TOTAL 7500.00
Rebate 7500.00
DAS 0.00

MF = .00312 which is about 7.49%

EDIT: Check Edmunds for the buy rate…

2024 Kia Niro EV Lease Deals, Incentives, Rebates, and Prices — Car Forums at Edmunds.com

So here’s socal comps. Seems like I’m doing ok relative to these?

2024 Niro EV Wind :battery: :zap:

MSRP: $41200

$2000 due at signing
No Broker Fee

24/10k - $269 plus tax
24/10k - $249 plus tax (With Loyalty)

36/10k - $273 plus tax
36/10k - $259 plus tax (With Loyalty)

What’s most negotiable from this spot?

What’s best as I w if I want to pay upfront? Just lean into that or ask for something specific in bundle with upfront? Thx!

Double check but that looks marked up - quick search I saw .00282 MF

Can also push for 1k more discount and zero drive offs - calculate and send them the numbers (does seem pretty good from what I have seen though)

1 Like

Yes, seems like it. If the MF is marked up, that would probably the only thing to try to negotiate?

Do you mean if you want to do a one-pay? I think there’s an MF reduction for that? I am not an experienced hacker, though, so maybe ask on Edmunds, if no one else responds here.

Why? Who cares if it is marked up. Set your target deal off buy rate and offer that. If they need/want to mark up the mf to get there, by all means, let them.

B/c the OP specifically asked what else was negotiable?

I didn’t say the OP should try to negotiate it or should badger the salesperson or should torpedo the deal, if the dealer won’t budge on that. And I also didn’t say that the OP should be unhappy w/ an offer that meets his target deal.

::shrug::

But why would the mf be the negotiation point over just negotiating a lower cost?

I certainly think it would make sense to try to simply negotiate the total cost with the dealer.

If the dealer balks and says something like, “I can’t give you more of a discount” but has otherwise willing to negotiate, would it make sense to something to the effect of, “I know you’ve given me a good discount, but can you come down on the MF to get it into my target deal?”

Usually its easier to say something along the lines of “take another $20/mo off at the same due at signing/terms” and let them decide if they want to lower the sales price, remove a mark up, etc to get there.

2 Likes

Team, this is all super helpful stuff. Thank you!!!