Rollback of fuel efficiency rules

Guess that depends on if you are Republican or Democrat, and who is giving it to you this week!

As 16 wildfires burn in California right now, and 245,000 acres burnt last year resulting in the deaths of 44 people,10 million acres burnt in the US. The White House responds by reducing regulations for vehicle emissions. Makes total sense.

“There’s nothing about how greenhouse gases and potential climate change affects California that’s any different than any other state in the country,” EPA Assistant Administrator Bill Wehrum said, and he added “there’s no justification for California to have its own standards.”…sigh

Even if you ignore the climate change stuff and the absolute nonsense they’re saying about fuel efficient vehicles being more unsafe drives me crazy - so i’m safer driving a V8 Charger than a Prius or a Volt? I mean I guess if I was trying to outrun a fire, maybe thats the case.

I lived through one of those. Not pleasant…

Disagree, Jesuscookies. I really don’t think Obama worked to further his personal fortune even a fraction of a percent as much as Trump has.

1 Like

I never said he did. What I did say is, it does not matter who is in office, they still manage to find a way to fight with each other, act dysfunctional, and screw over the common working person as a result. Most politicians seem to serve money above all else.

As for Obama, you are barking up the wrong tree. I voted for him both times, and would have voted for him a third if it was possible.

Cleaner emissions doesn’t necessarily mean more efficient.

CARB has always been concerned with the former over the latter.

E.g. no more lean-burn engines.

Fair enough. I’ve seen too many “both sides are exactly the same” lately… Wish Michelle Obama would run…

1 Like

Yeah, I have too, and in a greater sense, I guess that is what I am saying. They “ALL” seem to be more concerned with profiting than doing their public service duties well. By all, I mean those in congress and the senate. I am sure there are 1 or 2 good ones lol.

With respect to your Michelle Obama comment, all I can say is I am getting a big ole bag of popcorn for the 2020 election, I am willing to bet it will put the last election’s nonsense to shame!

It’s gonna be uuuuuge. Bigly.

You serious? Michelle? Now we going to the deep end. First we get someone that got in because of his daddy, then we get a young inexperienced senator that only voted present, sealed all his records, and loved offering more flexibility to the russians. Then we get two choices where they both 70 and one is a playboy the other is a grandma that got to fame for marrying Bill. Do we have no young choices anymore? Also, no matter what you guys believe no dynasties anymore. From 1980 to 2012 there has been a bush or clinton in a position of power in this country. We complain of Russian oligarchs but dont care about our own oligarchs that use us as dolls on a string. Maybe we put Obama back as a king to satisfy everyone on the left.

I just want to talk about cars and leases, just turn off the distraction box and don’t worry about it. Does any of it really matter, you’ll just continue to make less take home pay and pay more for everything, especially health insurance. And if you have lots of money you can buy a Tesla and tell everyone how great you are because your not pumping CO2 in the air.

1 Like

The world is not center around the United States anymore, when we move backward, other countries keeps moving forward to more advance transportation.

1 Like