Rodo (Formerly Honcker) discussion/reviews

I never figured that one out. It’s always been like that for me also, in fact I’ve seen GM Financial pull twice is you take delivery of the car the next day or 2 days later.

Yep other recent lease and purchase shows like that.

I don’t know exactly why, but this whole thing has me really worked up, even though I’m not directly affected. It just infuriates me. And the excuse of “well, the numbers changed after the hard pull” is bullshit. Never once have I witnessed numbers changing because the hard pull and soft pull scores were different enough to warrant said change.

3 Likes

I’ve known people with excellent scores get denied because they had “too many cars”.

Hell, I even had Mercedes ask me for more downpayment on a 3rd car and walked it back when they figured I was trading in a car so it would be a second.

These are things that a pre approved score may not account for vs an analyst at Captive finance actually looking at it.

2 Likes

Just received an email…Honcker is now partnering with Carvana…

Honcker will now sell used cars? Or are they leasing used cars?

Why even use Honcker as opposed to going straight to Carvana?

So confused.

1 Like

So, you will be able to sell your car to carvana through the honcker app, and then turn around and lease a car from honcker in one sitting. Not a terrible idea if Honcker proved to be useful and reliable.

So this is interesting. Just for fun, I’d like to peak at the app once in a while. Clicked on it tonight for the first time in months, and it tells me my account is blocked. I even deleted, reinstalled, and re-registered, upon which it told me again that my account is blocked.

Since I have never tried to lease a car through the app, I am assuming it is because of my words here. Anybody else get blocked?

2 Likes

Still works for me. Their deal of the day today is a $250/mo Kia Forte. So that’s what you’re missing out on

Edit: and $1,150/mo on a 48 month Camaro lease

3 Likes

My app says I’ve been blocked as well. What a great way to run your business… block someone who actually tried to use your service!

3 Likes

I emailed Honcker and they almost immediately unblocked my account.

I was thinking of calling just to get the story as to why it happened.

1 Like

Yeah I should have done that but was too busy today to go down that road lol.

This is a review for Honcker - Car Leasing App

In short - These guys are crooks, unethical people!
Why? Read on…

After bumping upon this app while Googling, I decided to gave it a shot.

The vehicle I chose was Kia Forte LXS 2019.
The monthly payment was $115 with $2700 DAS (includes tax, title, registration, bank fees, DMV fees. Basically everything!). This was for 36 months/10k miles annually

I uploaded the documents and got a call in 2 hours saying we are good to go. I requested for sign and drive off and the rep told me to just divide DAS by 36.
Hence the sign and drive off number was 115+75 = $190

I asked about the next steps and rep told me he was in the process of contacting the dealer to procure the vehicle.

I waited for 12 hours and called the guy. I was told, it would be few more hours and I would get a confirmation. This happened for 3 days and I then got a call saying the price has gone up.

MY CREDIT WAS ALREADY HARD HIT!

I asked whats the new price and he said it was $202 (almost 5% more). I agreed because it still seemed like a good deal. He said, couple of hours are I will confirm. Now I don’t know why he needed more time.

12 hours go by and I get a call saying that the color I wanted is not available. I said, I could do with ANY color. He again told me to to wait for ‘couple of hours’

Further delay of 12 hours and I get a call saying if I want 0 DAS plan, the price is $215

At this time I totally got mad!!

No guesses to know that I never went ahead with the deal!

2 Likes

Hi Ashish, thanks for your feedback and I apologize for the pricing and color issues with your vehicle. We’re currently working to remedy the pricing discrepancy that you experienced. I reviewed your order history and see you first placed the order on June 17th. Our Customer Service Team called you within 24 hours to see if you needed any assistance with uploading your documents. It looks like you then uploaded your documents on June 20th, which is also when we notified you of the color issue. Once you agreed on the price, your credit was processed. After the credit check, you inquired about sign and drive pricing, which our team immediately looked into for you. At that time, the price did increase as a result of taxes due at signing, which is standard in any sign and drive situation. Our Director of Operations did try calling you last Friday evening to personally provide an update, but was unable to reach you. Again, I apologize for the initial issues around pricing, but I’m confident the final deal we produced for you is very competitive. Our team is standing by to help get you into your vehicle should you wish to proceed. -Morgan

Seems like you skirted most of the complaints on this thread. It is a shame when people cannot just say “yes we’re are working out kinks and there have been issues and we hope to get better” instead of trying to spin and avoid answering things. It comes off as a classic bait and switch yet nothing you have responded to touches on that.

4 Likes

Morgan@Honcker,

You have over simplified the entire issue to suit your side of the story!

I do not want to waste my time and the efforts to counter it!

Wishing you the best!

@DrUNC83 We are not trying to avoid or cover up any mistakes that were made with this customer’s transaction. There’s been admission that mistakes were made - as we said in the above thread: “I apologize for the pricing and color issues with your vehicle. We’re currently working to remedy the pricing discrepancy that you experienced.”

When is this supposed to be remedied? This has been a similar experience for others for a few months at a minimum.

“I’m sorry” really doesn’t cut it at this point.