Rodo (Formerly Honcker) discussion/reviews

tried to make an account and it says i have to do a “soft” credit inquiry
apparently there is 1 one in so cal

14k above msrp from Huntington Beach ford aka the absolute worst ford dealer in SoCal. I’ve submitted orders for the broncos they’ve been posting for the past 2 months and all have turned out to be BS.

2 Likes

An update to my earlier post selling my Leased Infiniti to Rodo. Note I live in Florida and cannot do a 3rd party lease buyout here carmax wasn’t an option for that reason. They made an offer $7k equity. They picked up the vehicle last week, gave me a tracking number for the payoff. Today we received our equity check. All said it took about 2 weeks. We contacted Infinity and they have indicated they received the lease payoff check and are processing.

Rodo was legit for us. A little lacking on communication side with some reps not others but otherwise did what they promised. Saved me a lot of time and no dealership BS.

1 Like

And here we go… The rodo “is it for real” game.

It starts with a front page RODO BLOWOUT SALE

Yes, I bought it. Here are deal terms

I mean, I want it to be real.

3 Likes

OMG. So shocking. Dealer would not honor price. Wanted $10K over ADM.

9 Likes

Are you going to go ballistic on the dealer like the True Car guy did?

2 Likes

C8 :joy: i know it will be cancelled

4 Likes

After trying to purchase a bunch of seemingly well priced vehicles that didn’t turn out to be available(surprise surprise) they called me and asked me to stop lol

3 Likes

Huh, peasants :joy:

3 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: wow

Now thats insane :joy:

Did you tell them to stop their BS offers in return?

4 Likes

They said they’ll track me down a vehicle. Crickets ever since.

my experience has been they will track you down another vehicle with an even worse markup lol

They can’t track anything in this market. They couldn’t even during better times.

Wanted 25k ADM :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I’ve searched through the thread, but I don’t think anyone has mentioned this before. I’ve noticed that Rodo has never applied the sales tax correctly for me (California); they seem to calculate it based on how it’s done in NY (tax paid upfront on total lease payment).

Hoping someone who’s leased a car through them (and doesn’t live in NY, NJ, MN, OH, or GA) can chime in on their experience, and comment on the sales tax practice discrepancy.

Your sales tax questions should be directed to the dealer who sold you the car, not Rodo.

No, you misunderstood. I’ve never used Rodo before to lease before. I’m referring to how all leases are quoted and presented on their app. They seem to (incorrectly) apply the NY sales tax law universally. I have reached out to them and given them this feedback before, but they haven’t changed it.

The issue that I see is that this type of discrepancy can potentially lead to shenanigans when the dealer initiates contact for the actual lease. e.g. Dealer says that the quoted sales tax amount was actually a cap cost reduction, etc.

Here’s an example ($1 difference here, but that’s just rounding up):

The answer is still the same - dealers calculate the sales tax. And yes, the final numbers may be different from Rodo’s for other states if they present deals with NY tax.