Rodo (Formerly Honcker) discussion/reviews

You might be replacing a lot of windshields

Placed an order for a Nissan. 24 hours later was told car was “sold”.

It’s definitely possible. No one is claiming that they don’t honor some deals.

The problem is that they don’t honor a lot of deals as well.

Some people will have great experiences. The issue is with the large number that are getting baited and switched.

Interesting. Rodo just put my showroom “on sale” for up to $35/mo less. Most I had ever seen before was $15.

This is really useless unless you actually pull the trigger and see what happens.

The blue Gladiator is at Rothrock in Allentown, the same dealer Rodo used for my deal. Its within a few dollars of the price I got. No reason to believe it won’t go through, in this case.

1 Like

All our posts around here serve the same purpose: sharing information.

The point is that the Rodo deals, particularly good ones, are often not real. Sure, they advertise them, but without a dealer actually agreeing, they’re not worth the paper they’re printed on

1 Like

I’ve made that very point myself on this thread.

I’d love to try grabbing one of these, but haven’t gotten to test drive, and won’t be able to it seems. Plus, have to get rid of my Ioniq first, and HFS has not yet responded to my request for dealer payoff. If I could get over those hurdles … but, I guess probably for the best I’m forced to wait and see how all this BS shakes out.

They had you in the finance office. Why would the manager tell you “oh yeah, let’s just write you a cheaper deal right now!”?

Also, why not consult the LeaseHackr community if you wanted more information about a deal?

I agree. I guess the mindset going into it is that you may get this deal or you may not.

It is the same thing when cars are listed on Cars.com or Autotrader for insanely low prices, only to call up and be told “oh that’s with $$$$ of manufacturer incentives that are non-stackable and don’t apply to you.”

Either way, these people signed up for a free app to get a free quote from a field of business infamously known for bait-and-switch. I don’t see what the big deal is with getting told that they can’t do the deal. A dealer that practices this is probably not the type of dealer you want to give money to anyways.

The problem is Rodo’s whole business proposition is that you can go on there, see the deal as it is, pay that amount and get the car. Cars.com or autotrader are advertising dealer listings, not proposing offers. They’re advertising a service that goes beyond just being a dealer listing.

I don’t think dealers are using Rodo for intended purposes Rodo had for their app.

Cars.com and Autotrader may have been bad examples, but this is exactly what TrueCar was trying to do with their price guarantees and certificates.

I have had experience with the whole price guarantee thing from TrueCar (I did their certificate for a car with a very hefty discount I could not find elsewhere), talked to the guy over the phone who promised to offer the certificate, went in to do the deal and got told by the manager that this was not a discount they could have offered, but could give me the price on a cheaper car. Classic bait-and-switch. Pretty sure TrueCar does not assign numbers to a dealer.

So you have a service that is meant to be a quick and easy way to go from app to deal. However, I don’t think dealers are using it for the intended purpose set by Rodo.

Absolutely agreed. That’s the problem. Rodo needs to either hold dealers accountable or change what they’re offering.

Is there a report system built into the app?

If you don’t get the deal, you should be able to report the dealer. Then, a certain number of reports gets the dealer banned.

New to this, trying to get a good deal on a 2020 Dodge Durango RT. Have been tempted to pull trigger a few times on rodo but not sure after reading all these posts.

What’s the worst that can happen?:grinning: they would tell you that they can’t get the deal filled. If you think the deal looks good and that something you like and want, I would even just for fun to see how they go about it and then post feedback here for others.

This is true haha. Anyone here have good deal on a lease for Dodge Durango RT? Live in North Jersey.

Because quite often, the good deals posted on Rodo are not real. When one tries to actually lease the vehicle, the dealer refuses to honor the price.

It’s a pretty straightforward statement and has been documented over and over again here.

Norm is back, RODO needs more business

4 Likes