Rodo (Formerly Honcker) discussion/reviews

We are going in circles here. At issue is not the deals they offer. They offer some good deals. The issue is not actually honoring those deals.

4 Likes

What @CapsCup2018 said, if it wasn’t clear before.

It was abundantly clear.

2 Likes

Unless you are dense or have a conflict of interest.

2 Likes

Is it still available?:face_vomiting:

Which part is still available? The dense or conflict of interest?

You know what is suspect on RODO as well. Every single time I add a car to my “showroom” it magically goes on sale. So do they share with dealers that I save a car? Or are they manipulating the pricing when I save something?

1 Like

Final Update. Rodo came through! “Replacement” dealer matched price and the car was delivered to my house today. Rodo kept in contact with me throughout the process. The new dealer was very nice and the transaction was seamless. All in all a very positive experience.

2 Likes

They always go on sale By $2 per months once you add them which is pretty funny to see every time.
As if $2 per months would make me jump the deal.

1 Like

friend of mine tried to buy a Telluride that showed up. After 3 days of “processing,” he was contacted today and told it sold on Sat. A little later, the same one at the same price popped back up on the app. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

You were correct. I wad told that the vehicle was sold after 5 hours of processing and despite the fact that I accepted the offer at 8am prior to dealerships opening for the day. In addition, I had identified the specific vehicle by using cargurus to match MSRP and color. I called the dealership that day and the next and verified it was still available. When I called Rodo, they sound frustrated that I had called the dealer, they said they had as well and the dealers management said it was sold. The following day, I talked to a manager at the dealership and was told they don’t use Rodo’s service. Clearly I’m being lied to. Question is by Rodo, dealership, or BOTH…likely both.

2 Likes

That is a new level of low for Rodo. If Rodo is just scrapping dealership websites and making up lease offers for random inventory that would be terrible. But that also seems unlikely since the dealership isn’t paying Rodo anything if they don’t already have a contract. Rodo gets paid for generating either leads or sales (anyone know which one) per agreement with dealerships.

Much more likely the GM was just lying to you since he didn’t want to even discuss the Rodo deal never mind honor it.

This is exactly the problem. It’s changing somewhat, but a lot of these dealers still just view the internet as a way to get you in the door and pull the usual shenanigans. I don’t know if Rodo charges a fee for the listings, commission, or both but it’s probably in an unscrupulous dealer’s interest to pay a small fee to get in contact with a Rodo buyer. After all, the whole point of Rodo for the consumer would be that you are ready to buy. From there it would take a little effort, but maybe they can get you to pay more with the usual tricks.

1 Like

Exactly, thus covering dealers’ customer acquisition cost and some.

1 Like

I posted above about a friend trying to buy a Telluride and being told it was sold, although it was still showing on Rodo. Well, he tried again, this one from a different dealer. He even went as far as to call the dealer directly (not hard to figure out where it was), and was told by salesperson “my manager won’t honor the deal.” Wow. I suggested he blast them online, but he is too nice.

1 Like

IM GLAD! I always thought they were great…I hate dealing with dealers myself!

how would RODO benefit from lying? its not in their best interest!

Is this a serious question? How do dealers benefit from lying?

1 Like

I posted a BBB review of Rodo explaining what happened. I also posted a negative review of the dealer on their Google My Business listing. Lastly, I added Rodo to Google Maps so people could start leaving negative reviews for them there. I haven’t received a response from either of my posts yet.

Here is the link to the dealer review. The more who give it a thumbs up, the more prevalent it will be on their page.

Check out this review of Sands Kia on Google Maps
https://goo.gl/maps/nQXp4TcZNB1yF8Y7A

1 Like

RODO is not a dealer!!! They are just the matchmaker.