Rodo (Formerly Honcker) discussion/reviews

Hi, I would need more details from you in order to look into that. Can you please email marketing@rodo.com and include your name, location and what make/model you are looking at? thanks.

Stop listening to all the freaking geniuses here!

Looks like Jared didn’t last long at Rodo! https://www.linkedin.com/in/jaredalster/

2 Likes

Hi, I am going to be fully transparent as I know this is forum for people who know their shit about leasing - I am not a leasing expert. That being said, I’m not so stupid that I don’t look around for better offers, push negotiations and ask advice. Advice is what I’m coming to you all for. I have been in the process of looking for a new lease over the past month and randomly heard an ad for this RODO app. I figured why not also give that a try, but at the same time I’ve got 4 dealerships I’m negotiating with too. I noticed that you can put offers in the RODO app for the dealers to review and possibly accept. Last night I did just that and got two dealers to accept. I was questioning this app to begin with though and since reading through this entire forum it does make me a bit more nervous.

So, I’d love your advice on my offer. It’s a 2020 Subaru Forester Sport #23 with the top package, 36/12K in zip 92618. The MSRP is $33,079 and $3,082 DAS. I got the dealer to accept $305/month, which is the best I’ve seen. Am I crazy to think this will actually go through and do you all agree this is a good offer? THANKS!!

In the past, the issues with Rodo have usually been with dealers not accepting the terms. I have sent offers on Rodo in the past and had them turned down, so it doesn’t seem like it just automatically accepts offers only to be turned down later. I suspect that the dealer accepting your offer is probably a good sign that things will go through.

Effective $400/mo payment on a $33k Forester is not good. No wonder 2 dealers accepted your offer.

3 Likes

No, it’s $305 all in.

With $3082 das?

That includes full taxes. Below is the breakdown with the original quote of $358/month.

God, that’s even worse. $445 a month effective on a $33k Forester is highway robbery.

I know you want to think this new offer of $305 is $305 a month, but that $3000 down isn’t free. It’s an additional $85 a month you’re not accounting for.

1 Like

It is not. You pay 3k at signing.

Any recommendations on where else I should consider? This is the best all in cost I’ve received and negotiated to-date. Open to suggestions.

Hire a broker here.

1 Like

Do we even need this thread anymore? Wondering if it’s time to retire it.

I still read it. I see no need to close it, but I have no say. It appears to be relatively active, and who knows where the company can go with the proper guidance?

@Mojo23, I have never leased through the app (though I strongly considered it upon its initial release), but have paid $0 DAS on every deal I have signed. I do not know if it is possible with the vehicle you are considering (to specify, in this specific situation, as it may be too much of a hassle), but that is always the goal.

0 DAS is possible on any vehicle, it’s your choice.

I’d like the thread to stay open so we can see real-world reports on Rodo. Have yet to read of anyone here having success or failure since the re-launch.

They have a slider which you can adjust to only first months due at signing.

Jump on it,what do you have to lose. You owe them nothing untill they deliver the car and you sign on dotted line,and even if you change your mind and they deliver the car you can say you changed your mind! Using a broker if they don’t charge you a finder’s fee,I’m not against that. THERES SOME GREAT leasing places in Brooklyn. Wheels to lease,leasing direct,plaza auto leasing. Can’t go wrong with these guys. Just stating my opinion.

Paying an effective 400/mo for a 33k Forester is not something I would suggest “jumping on.” It’s a terrible deal.

“What do you have to lose?” A fair amount of money.