Robot Vaccum Suggestions

Everyone in my household, including dogs, seems to always get in the robot’s way.

Roborock S6 Pure vac/mop.

Run it every 2-3 days. It is annoying the prep the space, move furniture. But I do have 2 little kids and wiping the floor by the dining table by hand every day is tiresome.

I also have a Dyson. But the mopping on the robovac is key. I swiffer wet mop far less now.

Wyze!! For $150 on sale!

1 Like

I have the ECOVACS Deebot N8 pro with auto empty and it’s has been good. It’s on sale at Walmart for around $300 right now. I am looking to upgrade to the roborock s7 maxV ultra. I heard great things about it and apparently the best money can buy right now.

I have roomba S9+ for my first floor and i6 for the second floor. Even though S9+ is expensive model, I feel i6 does a good job on cleaning, and doesn’t get stuck often.

1 Like

How do these work if you have a sunken room… do you need to build a little ramp for it?

I guess I can just manually put it in there.

I need a 4x4 robot vacuum… or one that jumps or flies.

1 Like

You buy one for each level of the house. :kissing_cat:

1 Like

Fill in sunken space or build secret underfloor storage. :grin:

We too are looking at a robit.

1 Like

I actually got bids for this… one wanted to fill in with cement, the other wanted to put 2x4 joists (and I did think about secret doors) but it also involved lifting all the electrical outlets we just left it as is.

The sunken living room is the only space like that and it’s only like a 6"+ drop.

I should google this scenario.

1 Like

Slab or pier and beam?

Ours was partial slab (sunken living and office), partial pier and beam.

Slab. We were changing the flooring and it’s just concrete all the way. That’s why one guy suggested just pouring more concrete into the sunken area… but it would have taken forever to cure because this was during the fall/winter.

1 Like

You guys seriously want to invite robots into your homes?

Make sure you’re insured.

3 Likes

Robot GIF by NowThis

small wonder 80s GIF

As much as I’d like the robot girl from Small Wonder as a maid, I have a saved ebay search for a Boston Dynamics Robot Dog prototype

boston dynamics robotics GIF

:heart::robot::dog: less to clean, more time to rendition slobs.

2 Likes

You can buy the rip off Chinese version for less than 5k. Went to a Chinese-sponsored robotic engineering event at a Univ in Abu Dhabi, and they had a demonstration unit.

1 Like

And they don’t need to be spayed/neutered. Or do they? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Robovacuums + Google/Siri/Alex = Skynet

2 Likes

I got the roomba s9+ and the m6 mop. For the price point you’d think it would be easy to setup and not get stuck all the time. The mop won’t even go over the one threshold in the house even after adding it to the map.

1 Like

Sort of off topic, but if anybody is in the following group or category they get roughly 15-20% off and on top of that they can if you contact them they’ll give you some more off.

For example a 1600-1700 washer in the biggest size can be had for 679 and warranty for 3 years is only 1 dollar with free delivery and install along with a 50 dollar credit if you give them your old one.