Rivian R2 SUV announcement expected on March 7

“The R2 is a big opportunity for Rivian. It’s supposed to retail in the $40,000-$60,000 range, making it far more affordable than the R1S SUV and R1T pickup truck the company’s been selling for the last two years. Rivian CEO and founder RJ Scaringe has said the R2 will be made at a larger scale than its current vehicles. The R2 won’t be available until at least 2026, though, as the company still needs to build the factory in Georgia where it plans to make the SUV.”

I wouldn’t mind putting down a deposit for one, if it is going to be less than $60k.

Sign me up for one of these R2s.

Given recent financial news, I would never buy or lease a Rivian. Too much risk if they go out of business. I’ll stick with well established manufacturers that also produce gas cars.

I’m having an internal battle of buying 1000 shares of rivn this morning. I think they make the best ev but it’s highly possible they don’t make it. Risk reward though. Market cap still seems a bit high for what they are

1 Like

Not bad honestly. I would pick this up instead of the EQE if prices are similar.

Samesies. It’s trading premarket at 12.19. That translates to a market cap of 12b-ish. They have 8b cash at hand. This literally can’t go belly up.

I wouldn’t say can’t ever. But I do like it for a quick pop to get my original investment out and keep some shares on profit.

They’re losing 1.5 bill a quarter

:white_check_mark: In at $11.975

2 Likes

Maybe Tesla will buy them! Scrap the cyber truck and have a better designed model ready for market.

2 Likes

I’m willing to let it ride for a while. Who knows…

Right now it’s down to the low $11s. :smiley:

3 Likes

this isn’t apples to apples, but have you considered a call option instead of shares? the potential right to own shares in the future? i don’t know how far out you are looking, but Jan/2025 $10 call options (in the money) are about $415, and Jan/2026 $10 call options (in the money) are about $560. so $4,150 - $5,600 risk vs the $11k+ for shares.

just something to consider …

1 Like

Since you mentioned apple, I seriously think Apple buying Rivian is a great possibility. Or at least providing some funding. A ground up car software and a reputed brand is something Apple can spend money on instead of going through their own trouble of car making.

I just did. Nothing big. Got it for an average of $11.32.

Don’t they have a huge contract with Amazon for delivery vans? And now don’t have exclusivity?

My last investment turned out positive. Grabbed some stock from strong regional banks during the crisis. Never sold, I still have it! Pays decent dividends. Hoping this one turns out good too.

10 Jan 2025 calls here… See what happens if they can deliver on the guidance for W4 2024 & see how the R2 intro goes over.

1 Like

I’m not sure I can buy options in my sep ira. If using post tax funds 100% I would be using that option

I am tempted to buy their stock too. R1 is a good product, I am seriously considering the truck for myself after driving it twice. R2 reveal should generate some hype and deposits in the next couple of months. They have the Amazon delivery van contract, I feel like the tide should turn for them relatively quickly even though the EV market is on the downswing…

What’s gonna happen is theta decay. RIP.

I guess we will see. Either way it’s like 4 R1s lease payments if they expire worthless and not exactly life changing money.

MySpace was a great product too but someone else came along. Could even pick your own theme song…cash burn is a bitch so they need to do something fast. They don’t have Tesla like cult to keep pumping up the stock. They might just be a victim of timing. A little late to the party and when they got their foot in the door interest rates killed them.

They make a superior product to Tesla I’ll give them that. Should have started with an suv though. Prob with 3 rows