Rivian R1T Truck

Bumping the Riv topic, primarily because I see them fairly regularly now, sometimes more than one a day, and one passed us when a pal and I went to lunch, he asked me what’s up with Rivian. Being the go-to guy for all things auto, I said…huh! I don’t know…no one talks about them. So, does anyone have anything at all for news, MMR or resale, wait times, etc? Or is it still too niche to consider?

Saw one at Sandia Crest this weekend with some lookie loos by it.

3 Likes

Tonneau looks stock. Good to see you fixed your paraglider!

1 Like

R1s out now too

2 Likes

What other EV’s on the market offer quad-motor?

All I can seem to dig up is a vaporware supercar and BMW M is ‘testing’ a quad, nothing else ‘on the road’.

Any bets on final? I’m thinking 130…

I’d give it a second look if it stayed at 98. Anyone who pays more than that for it is an asshole or a YouTuber.

On that note, that’s enough Internet for me today.

I agree with some of the commenters that it is underbid at 98…peak insanity and all.

One hundred :slight_smile:

Based on? Are Rt1’s going for 20K over?

No one should pay more than 100
But a sucker will do 120 smh

1 Like

A bidding war with helicopter money would be quite a sight. Grass Valley is nice this time of year…the trees are already turning.

Yeah, all I know of is the Rimac Nevera which cost over $2mill.

Rivian builds the only EV’s I am interested in. The quad motor setup is unique in the space.

1 Like

Now if they would only add a geared setup like Porsche’s and they might be able to overcome that whole poor towing range thing.

Let’s face it most people will never tow anything with it anyway. This is the only EV SUV I’m interested in at at the moment.

1 Like

10% of buyers will put something on the tow hitch and 90% of that something will be a bike rack

4 Likes

The problem w/ Rivian is no “back door” to get units at MSRP.
You gotta wait in line or pay markups to those that did wait.

2 Likes

Precisely what I suspected…little to no discussion because it’s not quite a commodity yet. I’d imagine it’s a lot like how Tesla started with their ‘Launch Edition’ S’s (don’t consider the Lotus to be true Tesla, just proof of concept).

I’ve just been informed my R1T is being built. Really don’t want to keep it. This is still a safe flip right? Going to be $79k with taxes and fees for a granite adventure package. Opinions?

1 Like

you should get 85+ (im lowballing)
cheapest one i found was 95XXX

1 Like