Rivian R1T Truck

Yep for sure. First few units went for $120-130k on there.

Nice! Wife wants one of these but not paying 6 figures for it. Maybe by end of year.

His sticker is 78.5k + the tax credit. Made out pretty well

1 Like

This. Most loaded R1S orders were under $80K pre price increase and the owner got the tax credit too.

He/she pocketed $20K.

1 Like

Considering most BMW iX trims with DAPP are around $100K-108K this is a good price.

My R1T is scheduled for delivery to my house on December 1st. I’m paying $73k. Same configuration would cost $90K today. Fingers crossed there is still meat on the bone to flip this.

4 Likes

Couple ads on FB under $90k for the R1T Adventure pkg.

2 Likes

CarsandBids most recent R1T auctions have closed around $90-$95k.

1 Like

I haven’t seen any listings anywhere under $89.9K. Carsandbids sounds interesting. I’ll look into that option. I plan on playing with the R1T for a month or so first 'cause YOLO.

1 Like

2022 RT1 $89k fb marketplace 6 days old

They are not quite that cheap here on the east coast. That’s probably the best deal in the country. You should get it :wink:.

NYC here too. Seeing more and more of RT1’s with NJ plates in Manhattan. I have a R1S on order with a projected delivery Fall 2023.

With everything but the kitchen sink that NJ had thrown into EVa such as no sales tax and state rebate on rival with Fed rebate… no wonder

2 Likes

I’m in NJ, also have an R1S on order with eta of fall 23, but good luck with that estimate. Rivian is having severe production issues and they still haven’t produced a lot of early R1S reservations, like from 2018/19. I seriously doubt I will even get it in 24, and even in 23 I think it’s just about old news. People on Rivian forums been waiting forever, just to constantly get pushed out more. Rivian is bleeding money too, if they didn’t have the Amazon contract I think they would be done.

Agree with the above, and bankruptcy is likely, unfortunately.

Just do the Musk financing - promise another model and take reservations and use those money to float. I mean it’s usually called Ponzi scheme but seems to have worked for the “other” brand

1 Like

Like FSD, I believe that has to go in to an escrow-type hold with tranches until fulfilled.

Rivian has over $13bill cash on hand. They should be good for a while. They need to start hitting their production goals next year, so they don’t start bleeding cash.

1 Like

Of course you supposed to have it in separate escrow but just use some magic FTX type accounting and all of a sudden customers money is your money… just saying

Yes, they’ve lost $1.6 Billion in the last 12 months and that # is growing as they sell more cars (negative gross margins).

2 Likes