Rivian Lease or Purchase Discussion

Finally happy to hear that Rivian has shared some additional details on its current leasing offer on the R1T.

$859/month
Take delivery before 12/31/2023
36 months with 30k miles
$6,754 due at signing
$7500 EV credit

Available only in the following states:

• Arizona
  • California
  • Colorado
  • Florida
  • Georgia
  • Massachusetts
  • Michigan
  • Missouri
  • New Jersey
  • New York
  • Nevada
  • Pennsylvania
  • Texas
  • Washington

You’ll be able to purchase the vehicle at the end of the lease if you’d like.

I’ll try to reverse engineer a Leasing Calculator and add to this thread later today.

7 Likes

I mentioned this in the Rivian thread.

Seems like a bad lease but that’s just based on similar MSRP EVs (like the EQS) that would have lower payments.

1 Like

Actually doesn’t look like a bad lease…

That’s based off a 95k sticker I believe

Not amazing but not bad

OK. I was able to build out a calculator based on some assumptions that gets pretty close. The build I was looking at had an MSRP of of $87,800 and would give me 10,000 miles / 36 months. I’m assuming a reasonable MF and the deal would look something like this:

A RV of 60% is pretty realistic for car like this, don’t you think?

Most importantly, being able to finally be able to capture that $7,500 tax credit is very welcome to me indeed!!

Think it looks more like this

2 Likes

So what are the pros and cons?

Clearly the most important part of this deal is (if you are lucky enough to live in one of the designated states) you automatically get a $7,500 lease reduction off your lease cap. So if the truck is $90K, your effective MSRP is $82,500. Even if you are unhappy with the MF, or are have a personal policy against leasing, you can just buyout the lease for cash and still get that savings off the top to buy the car. That’s a win-win!

4 Likes

Looks like your getting the 7,500 rebate on top of a 5 percent discount and a low interest rate so…

Have to add tax to that payment so roughly like close to a grand a month with 5500 down

40,500 over 3 years on a 95k car

Not horrible not great

Don’t think much cons here… if you can buy at end of lease I think it’s more of a win win if you want this car

Better EV deals by a mile though in the market

1 Like

That’s a horrible lease.

Enjoy your leased Rivian.

1 Like

I guess the real question is “what over luxury EV pickup truck can you buy todays?”. There’s really only the F-150 Lightning and the CyberTruck. And CT’s won’t be manufactured in enough volume until late in 2024. So today there’s only two choices. So if you wanted a EV pick up truck, Rivian just made it very very easy!!

1 Like

Fuck yeah!! @HersheySweet!!! I’ve been test driving Rivians on Turo for the past couple of weeks and totally fallen in love. This lease offer couldn’t have come at a better time for me! I’m so close to pulling the trigger myself now!! Congratulations to you!!!

Nah I just got a Porsche. I won’t get anything unless it’s a stupid deal

5 Likes

Ha, I guess this isn’t really a traditional low monthly “Lease Hack” compared to the other amazing deals on here. It’s just an “IRA Tax Credit Hack”, which is wonderful in it’s own way!

1 Like

Yes, this is good news for the “I was going to buy one anyway” buyer.

1 Like

What Porsche?

Taycan. Waiting for the post which will cause everyone on LH to bombard every porsche dealer in the country with emails.

2 Likes

Nah just got confirmation it was a Audi Sq8 for $600/mo

I thought it was $400/month?

1 Like

I thought it was the rsq8 for 550