Rivian Lease or Purchase Discussion

Have you seen the actual lease contract to verify that’s an option?

1 Like

Seems the Rivian R1T pickemuptruck can be leased now… Doesn’t seem like a horrendous deal for the quad motor considering what’s out there now. Need to find out if they’re transferable or if can be bought out at residual/traded in to 3rd party dealer.

Here’s an inventory one at $0 down:

“Excluding taxes and fees”

Be sure to add thousands to the due at sale

Sales tax and license fees. The acq fee and 1st payment listed as DAS at $953/mo.

Tax, titke, license, registration, includi g tax on the incentives

Wonder if that includes the $5000 from the state.

IMO not much different than any other lease to compare apples to apples. With the exception of the sales tax on incentives, right? The only thing I usually pay attention to is no cap cost reduction and no dealer fees/adds for an objective comparison.

I don’t think you get $5k from the state as it’s over $80K.

Oh yeah I forgot about that.

lol I mean pay to play I guess if you want one

Looks like any ev rebate Rivian is advertising, as I’m seeing in NYS, it’s purely their own “tax credit.” RIVN only gets $3750 ev tax credit if under $80k.

Maybe on a purchase, but there is no msrp limit on a lease.

do you know what your final payment will be? after the taxes and fees?

where is the 7500 credit being applied?

where is the 7500 reduction? the standard quad motor build is 87000, where is the 7500 being applied?

It just comes down to the number youre seeing on their website is not the number youre going to pay. It’s a lot less. One should always compare actual cost.

Until someone has an actual lease contract in hand to review, there is no way to know if it is applied as a cap cost reduction, a rv increase, or if the lease even has a buyout option.

I called and spoked to them, at the end of the lease. you can buy it out or return it to Rivian

End of lease only? What about early buyout?

waiting for a call from the finance team. 24-48 hours callback window