Review Thread: Benedetto the Broker; Midwest Based & Operate in Most Markets

I’m not quite sure I understand the issue here.

Edit: Turns out I didn’t. Update below.

To be clear, you didn’t ask me to delete it, you demanded to see proof I had called and then when I mentioned I edited the comment to avoid it coming across negatively (before you mentioned it at all), you said “you need to delete it”. That’s when I said let’s end this relationship and to please refund the fee.

As I mentioned in our messages, I hope you’ll pause and not be so emotional in future client interactions. You were clearly intent on “winning” an argument I didn’t even intend on being in. I was just sending you a quick note to say I’m busy so please just message me the numbers as a call is difficult to coordinate, like I said yesterday.

Just so we’re clear - this is me eating crow.

I certainly should have chosen my words better and I can understand how they come off as demanding.

If you look at my comment, you can see the reply was actually to what you had sent maybe 2 seconds prior re; you need to delete it. The text bubbles show I was replying to myself, before I had even seen your next two messages.

In re-reading your PM(s) it’s clear now that you said you had called from your office line in a later message. My question(s) all revolved around not seeing a call from your cell, that we had been texting back and forth from. Also I had not received a VM from any unrecognized number today, hence my question of what number did you call. I took your first message to mean you had called from your cell.

I’m guessing you took it as me saying I wanted proof, when I asked if you could show me the call. I was typing as you had replied.

As the business it’s on me to make sure I’m understanding the context of the conversation and communicating effectively.

It’s not a stretch to assume some of the issue is us communicating over PM at 3 am and quickly replying without allowing each other to provide context. It’s also near impossible to understand tonality when texting back and forth at the aforementioned, rapid pace.

I’ve PM’d you to address that as well and will be changing my original comments. I’m also happy to discuss on the phone if you’d like.

I apologize and sincerely appreciate the opportunity. I wish you the best with your car search.

1 Like

Reviews only. No requests in this thread

http://www.shopwithben.com/

1 Like

I’d like to give benedetto my praise for the follow up after this mornings incident. We had a breakdown in communication and he took action to see his faults and set things right. I don’t think this should reflect poorly on his rating, instead I would say that it makes him a man of integrity and someone I would likely do business with. I’m sure at 3am I wasn’t at my best and was just as much at fault for the way things went down. If deleting my comments altogether would be the best course of action I’d be happy to do so. Just let me know.

2 Likes

I think we’ll just leave it up.

I’m Italian AND sell cars - drama is just part of the package.

10 Likes

My $.02 as someone with no skin in the game is that exchanges like this between a business and customer (and the resolution) is incredibly important transparency because what you want to see is how people act when things don’t go exactly as they should. Kudos to both of you on resolving this.

7 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

I already left my positive review, but aside from what @28firefighter said (transparency in all things shows all sides of doing business with someone) - Ben had to deal with some dealership drama to get me my Volvo, so he can flip over all the tables he wants.

8 Likes

Just don’t call him “Fredo” :grin:

11 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

I will be out of the office and completely unavailable Sunday.

Call, emails and texts will be returned in the order they were received on Monday.

Just wanted to say that while I didn’t use Ben’s service, he was great in giving me a general idea of whether or not my targeted units would be in my range. In addition, he answered some questions I had on the leasing structure and gave me a recommendation.

In the future, I will use Ben to find a great deal. He sounds like he knows his stuff and I’d highly recommend his service.

1 Like

I will unavailable this weekend (the 24th and 25th) for scheduled time off.

Any/all appointments will be kept.

Ben helped me get my mom a great deal on a Subaru Crosstrek in Oregon. There was no drama and he was very professional. Planning on using him again for the right situation.

4 Likes

I emailed this gentleman after filling out his form upfront. I simply asked if my ideal payment was possible on the model I wanted. He replied within minutes stating that it wasn’t possible. We both saved time and money. I’d recommend him.

5 Likes

As a month end update - I will be working through the 3rd.

I will be off from the 4th-6th, returning on the 7th.

1 Like

Ben worked with me for the past two weeks searching for deals on two models I was looking for. Ben was straightforward, professional and answered my questions promptly. Ultimately he ended up securing me an offer that no other dealership would touch and closed the deal right on time during Labor Day. Now the car is sitting out front and I can’t enter my house without doing at least one double take. Thank you Ben for your hard work and would use your services again when the time comes.

3 Likes

Just to bump this.