Review GC 4XE deal

Anyone want to take a stab on why this deal doesnt match the leasehackr calculator?

CHRYSLER LEASE AG-XX (02_20) (Review Copy).pdf (3.2 MB)

Deal was supposed to be $4500 off for dealer discount but they added in some vin etching etc that reduced that but it still is pretty far off of the calculator:

They show the one payment amount as $16211.25 and Calculator shows $15,775. Still a good deal just trying to catch what I am missing.

1 Like

Looks like the main issue is in the taxes. The $3000 likely isn’t an untaxed incentive. Your contract is showing $2364 in total taxes. The calculator, with the $3000 set to untaxed, is showing $2051 in total taxes.

If you set the $3000 to taxed incentives, it gets much closer. From there, it’s probably a difference of which of the fees are taxed vs untaxed.

yeah I was kind of confused because they had the cap cost reduction tax which is the 7500 rebate as a line item so I assumed that the 3000 additional was untaxed.

yah, I think they’re just showing the $7500 as a cap cost reduction, so it gets hit with the tax, and then the other incentives are going towards the total lease cost so the taxes on them gets captured in the total lease tax amount. It’s too bad you can’t get them to apply all the incentives to the cap cost reduction… would lower your rent charge amount a bit.

Just curious, is this in CA?

In Louisiana

Wow taxes are high there too. See if you can get more than 6% off MSRP.

I got 6.47 % off. And yeah, taxes are real high here and with nothing to show for it.

What is a GCE? Is it a GC or a GCL?

sorry I meant GC 4XE lmao

I meant ask for higher than 6.5% off MSRP. By next week, it may be closer to 10% if dealer has excess inventory on the lot.

So I’m not understanding how this is a great deal.

You’re at 600+ effective. That’s $43,000+ over 72 months.

You could finance a competing PHEV and own all the equity at the end. On something like a Sorento that would be easily $12,000-15,000 if not more.

That’s how much money you’re leaving on the table.

Have you priced out a sorento phev recently? You’re talking $60k OTD, before any cost of financing.

I understand what you are trying to say but Im not trying to stay in a vehicle for 72 months. I didn’t say it was a great deal. I said it was a good deal relative to what I am seeing others on here get for the same vehicle and other similar makes and models. I had a cheaper base with a slightly bigger discount lined up also but opted for a model with upgrades that had a higher msrp. And I got it in my hometown so I didnt have to drive to get it.

This is sad, shocking and tragic.

2 Likes

If you’ve signed then enjoy the car. You got a local dealer a sale and a sales person a commission.

If you haven’t then we might be able to help you push for a better deal based on what others are getting.

I havent signed but what would you do different? I feel like I left 500-1000 on the table for convenience. The dealer in the town where I worked had one but wouldn’t budge off 2k dealer discount. Outside of that I was having to drive 1.5 hours 1 way and it was base model with no luxury or rim upgrade. I havent seen any deals on here that stick out as being much if any better. I saw a few that were alot worse.

I mean if it’s your local dealer and you did it for convenience then they’re not going to match the 10% off of out of state dealers that you’ll have to wait/ship. 3.5% can be worth getting into what you wanted with no hassle. Could you squeeze more out of it waiting until next week, maybe? But if this is literally the only one you could find with the features, that may not be worth the risk.

With that in mind, I’d push back on any garbage add ons like VIN etching and also question the acquisition fee (it might be marked up by $300 it might not) but if they can remove those and it’s easy for you then sure, go for it.

yeah i will push back on the vin etching and I did see what I assumed was a marked up acquisition fee and try and get them to reduce. i did already tell him that the vin etching was absolutely no benefit to me.

1 Like

Dealer removed vin etching and the 300 markup on the fee with no hassle. They were great to deal with.

2 Likes