Returning my 2019 Mazda CX5

Hi Community!

I found this to be so helpful when I leased my CX5 back in 2019.

Well, my lease is up at the end of November and I am doing research and found that my car’s RSV is likely $6-8K higher than what was quoted in the lease contract.

How do I leverage that? I’m very happy with the car. Either I buy my car or lease a new CX5(preferred). Would the dealer just apply the $6K towards a new lease deal? Sorry for my dumb question.

Also, the car needs 4 new tires. Do I put on new tires before I bring it for inspection or give it back to the dealer “as is” ?

Many thanks!

sell it to carmax

2 Likes

cough

his mazda is through chase, not mazda credit.

2 Likes

Had been wondering the same thing with my 2019 leased Mazda. Extended the lease six months because I assume I’ll be smarter and more decisive in the future. Easy to extend through Chase.

2019 was when Mazda switched from Chase to TFS (around May), so it depends. But Carmax doesn’t care, they aren’t buying irrespective of the captive.

1 Like

My lease is through Chase if that matters.

1 Like

Technically neither was called Mazda Credit thought. Under Chase it was Mazda Capital Services and under TFS Mazda Financial Services, I believe.

I assume CarMax blacklists Chase not TFS, but probably both at this point.

Interestingly, the Dealer said my lease payments on a 2022 would be about $440! ( I am paying $285/month)

Maybe I should extend the lease to give me some more time to think this through!

if you like the car, extend it!

2 Likes

I do!
I’ve driven 4 separate BMW’s prior to getting the CX5 and I have to say, the handling and ride is very close the the BMW X3.

Extend as long as you can so the Lease Payments will be lower on the next car (hopefully).

Don’t forget you need to pay Registration.

1 Like

By all reports, Carmax does not make the distinction, and efforts to clarify have failed. But feel free to review the “Sold to Carmax” thread.

Yea that makes sense. I was agreeing with you on that.

While the intent was to blacklist Chase is my guess, CarMax is going to just blacklist both to avoid any issues/confusion. The fact that they call it Mazda ‘Credit’ just reinforces that I believe.

Honestly I don’t think Chase is the problem. They still allow third-party buyouts in all cases where they’re the captive - that I’m aware of. But so does Toyota as long as it’s not southeastern Toyota financial. Whatever problem Carmax had with buying Chase leases, they apparently decided that ”Mazda Credit” was more polite than “Mazda GFY”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.