Returning a lease w/ pending warranty work?

My 2021 Wrangler 4XE’s plastic dashboard shield is cracked and I’ve previously spoken to Jeep about the repair. They confirmed it’s covered under warranty (likely cracked from the temperature changes with the roof open) but they’ll have to replace the entire dashboard to fix it. This means the moment they order parts they will need to park my Jeep for upwards up 2+ months at the dealer while they wait for the dashboard since they have to set the mileage at the factory.

Since Jeep sucks with loaners (and apparently can’t just replace the stupid piece of plastic on its own), I’m not really keen on paying for a rental car for a few months. Jeep Cares ironically couldn’t care less when I called to inquire, saying I could get reimbursed for a rental for a day or two, but that’s it. The dealer offered me an Uber home when I drop it off and said they couldn’t help further.

My lease is up in about 4 months. Any issue if I return the Jeep with pending warranty work? Curious if anyone has run into this type of thing before.

1 Like

The bank is going to want you to return it without damage or you should expect to get charged for the damage.

Dang, was hoping to avoid that. Thanks.

Just as likely you can then get it under Lemon Law as well, you might want to contact a FREE Lemon Law Attorney and see what they say.

Lemon Law is 2 years in Georgia, so I don’t think that would work unfortunately.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

Even when someone is paying for it, warranty or insurance work still needs someone to shepherd it. This requires a lot of man hours when you consider the number of cars that are leased every year and banks would need a ton of people, and this would substantially increase the cost of leases.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.