Return lease to a different state

Hi all -

Moving from CA to AZ and have a BMW lease due next year in March. Can I return it to a BMW dealer in AZ or does it have to go back to CA?

Thanks!

You’ll want to contact BMWFS and let them know you’re moving to AZ.

Assuming you properly registered your vehicle in AZ after you move, you should be able to return a vehicle you leased through BMWFS to any authorized BMW dealer in AZ.

I think there are some instances where if your car is ultra-weird there may be a situation where have to return your car to certain dealerships equipped to handle them. Like for example if you leased a Honda Clarity, BMW iX5-Hydrogen, or Toyota Mirai, it could be that only certain dealerships can take lease returns because who the heck drives these hydrogen powered cars anyway???

PS, uptight BMW owners have told me before that Bimmer is the only way to spell BMW automobiles. Beemer and Beamer are for motorcycles only. So I hope you have a BMW motorcycle hehehe

From BMWFS:

It is your responsibility to register your vehicle in your state of residence. You are also responsible for paying your state’s required registration fees and complying with all motor vehicle regulations. If you move to another state, you may be required to re-register within 30 days or less.

To update your address, please visit the Profile page.

You may update your contact information by visiting the Profile page and elect to receive a Move Pack, or notify BMW Financial Services immediately so that we can send you the documentation you need before re-registering the vehicle in your new state. You can also make these changes by marking the box on the front of our account statement, and by completing the back portion (including the section requesting re-registration documents.) Should you have any additional questions regarding your registration, please contact a BMW Customer Service representative using one of the methods listed on the Contact Us page.

1 Like

This is helpful - thank you!

And on the bimmer/beemer note, iirc the bimmer name was taken so I had to settle for beemer :joy::joy:

Not entirely the same thing but I’ve lease swapped over a dozen vehicles from out of state and always returned them to my local dealer in WNY

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.