Return in May. I can’t get a pre inspection done. Advice on tires and lost key?

On a Jaguar XE. I have some impact bulges on my tires that aren’t noticeable unless you look for and I lost one set of the key fobs. I was waiting to see what the pre-inspection would say but they canceled it today on me. Should I return the car and see what I get billed for or get another key fob and some used tires and hope that’s my best cost saving measure. Just looking for some advice/recommendations. Thanks fam.

Have you checked with Jaguar? Not sure you can even return it either.

You should direct all your questions to Chase. Anyone answering here will be speculating.

If you have impact bubbles on your tires as you say, you could be riding on a ticking time bomb. Have them inspected by a tire shop to ensure the belts aren’t damaged. If they are, replace immediately for your safety as well as those driving around you.

3 Likes

I’ve spoke to chase only. I’ve received an email from jag stating I can either keep the car and keep making payments (I don’t want to) or just return the car.

My Volvo is due in two weeks and Autovin (inspection company) is not doing pre-inspections. Volvo told me to drop off the car at the dealership and take pictures and I’ll be inspected after drop off. I assume you would have some argument to reduce the final charges because of this situation, but who knows. I’ll keep this board updated how it goes.

1 Like

Will do. Already leased another car so I’ve been using that in the mean time.

They generally charge a lot for lost FOBs, upwards of $300

$300 is nothing. A Jaguar shop wants $650. The dealer said $560 plus labor and installation costs ~$1000. Give me the $300 bill plz.

1 Like

I don’t see any logical reason why you wouldn’t be billed for the lost key fob.

For tires, I was billed for too low tread. They used a digital gauge on all 4 tires. Fair enough. They missed 1 tire with a bulge. This was turning in at a BMW dealer without Pre inspection 5 years ago. YMMV.

See if it is worth your time to find used tires and get them installed. Are you a gambling man?

I never said I wouldnt or shouldn’t be charged for a fob. I just don’t know if I should get the fob before turn in or wait for the bill after turn in. I’ve gotten two quotes so far for the the fob and it seems you can be charged whatever they feel it’s worth. I wanted to see what autovin had to say and go from there but now I can’t.

Hint. Ebay key fob $100

I dont know if it will work. Had a locksmith tell me no one can really do it other than the dealer.

I’m in the same boat, AutoVin cancelled my appointment on my GMC Acadia Lease. I guess we’re gonna gamble and drop it off at my local GMC dealer in a few weeks.

I contacted GM Financial and they were not helpful. In my mind a fair thing to do would be to offer a wear and tear damage waiver for a set amount, perhaps $500. That would ease my mind greatly. I don’t have any major concerns except for some curb rash on 2 wheels, a few very minor door dings (easy PDR fix) and a TINY chip in a taillight lense.

Additionally I called my nearby GMC dealer and spoke with the used car manager who was actually understanding of my conundrum. He said he’d be willing to take a look at it and give me an idea of what may be flagged at the inspection…I guess I should take him up on it. Then the problem is if there are any shops that can get me in to fix the items.

Doesn’t sound too bad to have the dealer do a walk around. I have some rim rash as well but I dont know how it can’t fall into some regular wear and tear.

Why don’t you take a detailed video of everything on turn in? Use that as the record of condition?

And then discuss any charges, explaining the situation, as they arise. Most people get some leeway if they are long term or returning customers from what I hear.

Hi, KeithAy.
If you need to get a new key fob, I highly recommended this great website :

A post was merged into an existing topic: Spammers - [report them here]