Retired Service Loaner/CPO

Recently contacted an Audi dealership about a A5 they had in stock, just to see if it was a loaner/demo since it was 2022 with less than 4K miles. After a quick reach out of just asking status of car, was told it was retired loaner but got another email back saying it’s gonna be more expensive than leasing out a new one. I’ve leased out loaners and demos before but never heard of it being more expensive than a new car. Maybe if it was a used car but never a loaner typically. Car is listed at a discount of 8k without negotiating. I don’t know if I’m possibly just not adjusted to new market with way car prices have increased or sales agent just pulling a gimmick on me.

He’s probably right, a 2022 s5 probably doesn’t have the best lease programs any more

You mean A5? I don’t know if S5 is even in stock, let alone made anymore besides cabriolet.

Maybe it’s a demo that, for some reason, is being sold as a used car? You could ask the sales person if it qualifies for new-car programs.

Audi programs are mostly garbage, wouldn’t surprise me if A5 was too.

I asked for sales manager and he ghosted me.

Yah I was curious on what it would be. I have a trade in with like 6k equity and car was a heavily discounted loaner. Thought this could be a snag.