Rethinking strategy - what would you do?

I suggest you keep the Highlander, and lease or buy a second car. It’s not that complicated.

You just won’t save much (all in costs) by rolling out of the Highlander lease

By the way, if you want to save the planet get a hybrid or an EV. If you want to save money instead, then buy or lease a car with the best deal going. Alternately a lightly used car could be the ticket.

2 Likes

Much better now, even on my old '16 Forester. Some plastic even felt rubbery.

1 Like

This is a fantastic name for a new model.

4 Likes

I would do this if I were you.

You guys! You’re not helping fuel my flakiness of wanting to switch cars all the time with your damn logic and sense.

well after all, these are all opinions which u asked for :slight_smile: You know your situation better. The only reason I think you should keep the highlander is because I also am a road trip person and almost 6k to 8k of my annual mileage is towards road trips. And nothing is more comfortable for the family than an SUV for those.

100% agree. It’s a great roadtrip car. ALL the space, super comfy seats. It’s one of the reasons we’ve racked up more miles than anticipated.

It’s just day to day commuting it’s not great for (what? A great big 3 row SUV isn’t great for traffic filled commutes?, who could’ve known!?) - I’d really like to get some ‘niceties’ like carplay and full speed adaptive cruise as they help the daily drive but the Highlander is decent to live with.

We have a couple of weeks and a few thousand Hertz points to burn through before we have to pull the trigger on a 2nd car so I guess it’s back to the dealerships for some test drives. Ugh.

I actually hate it on my MDX . In traffic and on highway cruise, it leaves too much space and people cut off in front of you.

I just don’t trust adaptive cruise control, doesn’t feel safe at all.

I agree, it is a bit handy sometimes, but it has made too many decisions that I considered unsafe for me to fully trust it.

I think it depends on the system. I’m not a fan of the Mazda one but I’ve used the Audi, Subaru and Ford ones and they seem pretty good - some are better than others I guess. I personally I love it for my evening commute.

The best (after Tesla of course) is Volvo’s system. i found that not only is the Distance kept is appropriate, but their Lane Keep Assist is pretty impressive specially if you are in the Express lanes in rush hour.

1 Like

Pilot assist is nice in traffic.

1 Like

I was waiting for you to chime in :smile:

I bet you didn’t have the advanced package to appreciate it :grin:

Nope I dont think so. So you are telling me, they have additional packages on top of what i drove? lol

Sounds like you need a new car again.

Ha lol no way. Just picked one up this past weekend. My wife would … u know :smile:

1 Like

The most amazing thing I’ve learned about Volvo since getting one: you can basically add ANY package after the fact. Not residualized obviously but if you regret not getting Advanced, they can add advanced.

I didn’t know you could do that. Is it expensive?