Registration in Indiana - Lease from out of state

Hello fellow hackers,
I have a question on how to go about registering a car I leased out of state in Indiana. I’m an indiana resident and leased a car in OH. The dealer gave me temp tag and temp registration in OH. What next? How do i get this registered in Indiana. First time leasing. So i could use some help here! I’m sure there were others in this situation from this state that could give me some pointers! thanks!

First, make sure the dealer in OH isn’t registering it for you. Most dealers will use an Out of State Titling company to do the out of state reg for you.

thanks! even if they issued a temp registration in OH there is a chance they may still have done an out of state reg for me? i’ve sent an email and tried getting a hold of the sales guy… but nothing! its almost like he is asking for a bad review!

That is normal, you would be issued a temp reg with a temp tag.

1 Like

It is a Saturday and for most dealers, it is the busiest day of the week with showroom traffic. I would try again on Monday.

But more likely than not, the dealer is going to handle your registration since most banks require that the car be registered by the dealer.

1 Like

thanks! i will add some more detail. i left a voicemail tuesday, sent an email Thu and tried calling again Friday when it went straight to voicemail. this is the “direct” desk number that we used for communication during the deal. i will try again Monday.

Try the finance manager

1 Like

When does your temp tag expire? Temp tags are from selling dealer’s state, that’s normal.

1 Like

never met or talked to the dude. i will try to get a hold of him over the phone Monday. i only dealt with the sales guy (initial contact and meet and greet when i went to pick up the car) and the GM who worked on the deal with me including the docusign part.

the temp tag expires in 45 days. but i’m just preparing for the IN registration. so not in a real hurry