Refund on Taxes paid upfront?

I paid for my taxes up front through MB Financial, however I will be selling my car to a 3rd party. I am about half way through my lease, shouldn’t the remainder months of my lease have taxes returned?

Has anyone experienced this?

Third party states they don’t believe taxes will be refunded.

Thanks Hackrs

Nope, no refund is coming. The taxes are prepaid for the lease term upfront and gone forever. NY thanks you for your contribution to the coffers.

7 Likes

That doesn’t seem right. How do they get away with that?

:confused:

You don’t get a sales tax refund on anything else just because you sold it.

1 Like

Why doesn’t it seem right? If you buy a new car for 70k and sell it after 3 years, you don’t get the difference back that you paid…

Who’s they? It’s not MBLS, it’s the state, and states do that all the time.

You can apply to get that money back, but it won’t happen.

Essentially paying taxes on air. Something that doesn’t exist. The lease is no more. Taxes are paid on the sale of the car.

How would I do so? I appreciate it.

Taxes are paid on the sale of the car and the lease of the car.

The form OP is looking for is here

Be prepared to have your time wasted.

1 Like

Multiple people have applied and they never return them. 0.02 it’s not worth your time, .98 you can try if you want.

Must move to Florida or Texas ASAP

Miami or Austin

Well, not if lease taxes are your pain point.

1 Like

Florida is FULL. I hear GA is open

Full according to who?? Last time I checked Saurez was on a full court press

I’ll stick to Brickell or The beach — YOU can have hialiah

President Obama Lol GIF

This is correct, but what you got wrong is you are assuming you get taxes back upon returning the car. You don’t.

This is a rental. You pay tax on the rental. Returning the car doesn’t mean you get money back (Except for a deposit), it’s gone.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.