Recommendations for a New AWD Vehicle

Hi All,

I’ve been reading up here for a while and have absorbed a lot of great information and advice from you all, but I have a question not directly related to MF/RV, but something more personal - what do you recommend for a reasonable AWD vehicle? I’m more interested in the total lease cost rather than the monthly payments, and I’m comfortable with anything in the 10-12k range for a 10/36 in New England.

I don’t really care if it’s a sedan vs. crossover vs. small SUV so long as it’s AWD - no trucks, though. From what I can tell, BMW loaners come in too high ($14k+), and without digging up info on multiple vehicles first, I thought I would reach out here and see if anyone had any insight they could offer. Thank you!

Hey westernmass,

May I ask what you mean by reasonable? Because to some who wants a car that goes point A to point B, the cheapest one is the most reasonable. But if there are features you have to have like heated seats, it changes what’s the best for you.

Good point, thanks! I guess all I’m looking for are heated front seats and carplay integration. From what I’ve seen on the hr-v and cr-v, you can get those for around 10-12K all told, but I know Hondas don’t lease great, so I’m open to basically anything.

Nissan Murano is leasing well, esp if you qualify for either VPP and/or loyalty

Subarus are a good choice for AWD. May want to look into those.

1 Like

Those AWD vehicles would be easily to hack:

1. Outback
  2. CX-5 AWD
  3. 330ix/C300 4matic/S60
1 Like

I’ll test drive the CX-5 next week and then hit dealers up with numbers - thanks for the tip! I actually have a Subie now and my wife used to…not interested in getting any more of them :stuck_out_tongue:

As for the 330ix, they do lease well, but I can’t seem to make anything work for less than ~$400/month with no DAS, so I’ll backburner them for a while.

Hi - I was looking for a murano when getting out of my current maxima lease . Word was they don’t lease well. What model would you suggest ? I looked into a 2020 platinum getting quotes of 500+ must have for me would be sunroof , awd, leather everything else is a bonus

11558 - 15k any suggestions?

Check the marketplace on this site. Muranos were cheap in Jan, but have yet to see Feb numbers.

Feb seems to be almost exact