Really bad Acura tlx ASpec V6 deal?

Ok, I got a response from a dealership and something seems off, way off. I’ve heard these things are selling way below invoice. So with 8950 in rebates and .00215 and 48% residual on a 36 month lease, 15k miles, here’s what they sent me via text.

No work sheet sorry. They sent 7,000 in lease cash, 500 mark down cash. They discounted it 2,000 and with a mf of .00225 and a 50% residual. Sorry this is a ASpec V6. Stickers for $45,795 and they did 36/12. Payment a whopping 636 with 0 down. First post, go easy on me.

That’s terrible.

I don’t understand the appeal of these. It’s a previous generation Honda Accord.

1 Like

The looks I like. The safety pkg. I like. The dual screens are entirely outdated and thought I could overlook it if the price was right. But the price isn’t anywhere close to being right.

Could actually have the making for a good deal if you like the car. Email a bunch of dealers and just focus the selling price before incentives. The rest is just math

I thought it could’ve been a good deal. Looks like Edmunds told me rebates totaled 8950, they gave me 7500. I was thinking selling price around 40500 or 41 at the most and they’re at 43795. With the right rebates and 41, payment should be around 470, not 636. That’s a huge difference. But the first commenter is right, I can’t stand the info screens. So if I can’t do better, I’ll just move on to something else.

yeah it’s a terrible deal. I leased the same exact car (45.8k msrp) for $450 tax included (7.75%) last month (in socal). Selling price was 34k$, I believe the incentives are even higher this month. it’s a great car and especially a great deal if you buyoff the lease right away (which is what I did), basically paying 35.5k for a 46k car. This is the actual punch line for all of those (oh but this is the last gen accord etc etc), no such thing as a v6 AWD accord that looks this good for 35k.

If you buy out the lease at $35k right away, don’t you have to pay the State tax? Lets say if it’s 10% wouldn’t it be $35k + $3500 to buy out? Then OTD price would be $38,500 roughly?

The numbers look like 2020 model. 2019 model has $8950 incentives.

0 down for a FWD should be 437 for 36/15, and 477 for AWD.

Yup, they texted back and corrected the rebates, it went from 636 a month to 537. But they’re not coming off enough on sticker in my opinion. As of right now, they’re stuck at 42,566. I was thinking 40,500 or 41 at the highest. Thoughts?

Based on what? Is this a national program? Just what one dealer is offering? How do you arrive at the monthly?

Correct, although I have not received the title yet and will have to pay the sales tax on the payoff (~32k) when re-registering the car at the dmv. So OTD will be ~38k.