Realistic options for SUV with $350 per month payment?

Hi there! I’ve been lurking around the forums for the last two months, but I’m still feeling like a big leasing dummy. My current lease - a 2016 Acura RDX - ends next week. While I’d love to just lease another one of those, the payments are too high. I have been following deals in the forum, but I’m struggling with how “realistic” it would be for me to achieve similar results. It’s also hard for me gauge what vehicles would fit in my budget between advertised deals on the web, deals listed in the forum, my sad attempts at the leasing calculator, changing monthly incentives, and not much action in my home state of Ohio on here. So I’d love some direction on a few models to take a look at.

My wish list:
SUV (no third row necessary)
Leather or fake leather seats
Low Tire pressure notification
Sunroof/moonroof
36 months and 12,000 miles
Black exterior and interior
Open to 2018 models
$350-ish per month with $0 down (could go up to $400)

I test drove a 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited and 2019 Honda CR-V EX. The Jeep felt strange to me, and the CR-V was fine, but the lowest they went was $427 with no leather.

I did find a black with black leather 2018 CR-V semi-nearby - a Touring model with an MSRP of $35K and “internet price” of $33K. The dealer responded with a $410 payment, and when I said that was higher than what I was expecting, they asked if I’d be interested in anything else. I guess I assumed that would bring some lower numbers, but apparently not?

So does anyone have any suggestions of models to check out in my price range? I really appreciate any help!!

And please resist the impulse to say anything mean. I’m a stressed, lonely girl with less than a week to get a car - you will make me cry. :weary:

hire a broker @ralphsaphony or @Benedetto.

Some good deals in your price range for the mazda cx-5 and subaru forester

2018 leftover CRV EX-L (has leather) are in lower $300s payment if you can locate one in your color choice

Echoing what others have said: Mazda CX-5 GT, VW Tiguan SEL, 2018 CRV EX-L (low 300’s), 2019 CRV EXL (365~), Might be too small however BMW X2!

Obligatory QX60 mention. Seen some decent deals on Highlanders too.

Any of the Chevy/GMC SUV’s below $50k MSRP. QX60. Highlander. Maybe lower trim Pilot.

Check the shared deals forum and scroll through this forum for ideas. You’re probably best off hiring a broker with a week to go.

Would take Highlander before QX60 (just my $.02).

1 Like

@28firefighter @joeblogs Highlander leases depend on your region for some regions like IL they have standard rates on them for crappy leases unless it’s been changed recently

1 Like

Probably to late, but i would extend current lease for another up to 12 months and get '19 RDX for good money.

1 Like

CX-5 is a great car.
Negotiated a $330/mo (w CA tax included) price for my fiancé at the end of 2017 for a 2018 model, it has every option aside from HUD and heated rear seats/steering wheel
I believe it was $1000 DAS and this was negotiated before I had ever been on here.
You can definitely find something good for your price!

1 Like

Thank you all! These options are making me feel much better. I did make contact Benedetto, so I think I won’t have to rollerblade to work next week :slight_smile:

Don’t forget the Jeep Cherokee, it can be had for a nice value.

1 Like

I just wanted to say a big thanks to @jassiek for the idea to extend my lease. Acura is allowing me to go month to month for up to a year at the same payment plus tax, with an additional 1,000 miles each month. I think I’ll try to get a 2019 later in the year and maybe have even more extra miles to roll over to the next one?! Thank you!!

1 Like

You are welcome :+1::sunglasses:

1 Like

Yup. Another vote for the Grand Cherokee. Laredo X package (@nyclife) or perhaps a Limited can definitely fit the bill. I’ve even seen Altitudes for under 400 in the past.