Reaching the lease milage on my one-paid Bolt EV. What are my options?

I’m curious, how mismatched?

I asked AutoVin and he said Brand / Size have to match on each Axel but Model does not (Not sure if Rating does)
so 2 goodyears and 2 pirellis will pass even if there are no matching models.

They will just take it and give you an odometer statement. That’s it. Any ancillary charges would take place after GM Financial gets the car, assuming they even do. It’s possible that the grounding dealer may decide to purchase it on their own for their inventory. In that case you get charged nothing. Otherwise, GM Financial will send it to auction and you would be responsible for any charges, unless the car is sold for more than the residual value. Then those charges would be taken from the excess.

3 of one brand, one of another. They were close enough in tread depth where I didn’t need to replace both.

My Experience is when you turn it in after inspection. You pay the inspection report no matter what (Insider buyout or auction) and unless horribly different, they don’t bother with a 2nd inspection.

Sweet! That inspector was pretty lazy then.

You can’t get charges from inspection if you just ground the vehicle prior to an inspection.

Wanna bet! Lots of posts here people ground the car and get a nasty bill because they forgot to ‘preinspect’

To be honest, if this is a Bolt in California that’s in otherwise good condition the entire thing might be academic since the dealer will probably buy it for their inventory anyway.

Does Chevy offer dealers a lower price after grounding?

Sure, this is GM Financial we’re talking about though. Plus I was leasing another GM vehicle through them anyway so I was pretty confident that my loyalty credit would be enough to cover any issues anyway. They never charged me for a thing though. There were a few other small issues they completely ignored.

I’m not entirely sure of that. I believe that has been discussed here previously. I don’t recall what the answer was.

The roof of my Volt was peppered with small spots of hail damage that I didn’t notice until I was trying to sell it. Grounded that and they never bothered me about that either!

Sounds like they bought it direct. Ah the good old days when grounding a Bolt is worth more than it is now.

No! It ended up at some off brand used car dealership in North Carolina! The Malibu ended up at some place in Illinois, same deal.

Well good for you! You got lucky! Lots of people get charged after the fact, especially the guy who’s wheels were stolen off the car after grounding and since he didn’t get a preinspect, he got charged!
Note: This is also GMF

That’s not ENTIRELY accurate… Some automaton or computer algorithm billed the guy and they corrected the issue once he spoke to a real person about it. Oh, I forgot that the Malibu needed a new shifter that they tried to tell me wasn’t covered under power train warranty because it wouldn’t acknowledge that the vehicle was shifted into park. :joy: Ended up being a pretty big recall IIRC. I wasn’t going to pay for that service so I just grounded the car and got the Volt instead.

I did just confirm this on my contract. Line 9 which is the purchase option at end of lease term = 23062.00.

Which seems way higher than I can find.

I like the other gif I’ve been a rich man and a poor man lol. That’s more the mentality on LH. My dumbass is so fed up with the current lease climate I may just buy a used Tesla m3 performance and be done with the whole thing.

You should’ve MSRP swapped to a newer bolt… GMF told me the mileage reset to the new vehicle

They didn’t ask for the “self seal” Michelins on bolt return?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.