Rate my mini cooper convertible lease offer

2019 mini convertible s signature
MSRP $37,XXX
Negotiated price: $31250 (17% off)
36 months/10k
$0 down

$350 per month with taxes included

I believe it’s a decent deal. How about you?

the 1% should be on the MSRP or the Final Price?

I think MSRP but if that’s the case, what’s the point in negotiating? Can anyone else attest?

1 Like

What’s the DAS?

I happen to think this looks pretty good given how poorly convertibles tend to lease! Assuming $0 CCR.

Do you mean the 1% “rule”? While it gets mentioned a LOT online, it’s more of a guideline/rule of thumb than something set in stone. It’s based on MSRP; however, it’s not really the best way to gauge a deal. For example, last month many 3 series leases were going for $2-300 month, whereas 1% of MSRP could have been $400-500.

@CombatWombat to really evaluate this deal, you’ll need to provide more info. Did the dealership give you a lease worksheet by chance? If so, throw a pic up so people can provide more detailed feedback!

I don’t have a lease worksheet unfortunately. I don’t have the MF and Residuals unless I ask Edmunds Forum.

Here is the DAS:
Dealer Doc fee: $425
Tax: 6.25% (But this should be rolled into the $350 monthly payments right?)
First months payment: $350

Total: $915 DAS

Thank you to all that has responded.

I think it looks good, convertibles don’t usually lease all that well. Here’s a recent deal, yours looks better

What state are you in? Assuming one that the monthly payment is taxed, are they just listing out the percentage for you? It doesn’t look like they’re charging you any tax upfront based on the DAS breakdown you gave us.

As others have said, this looks like a solid deal. I’d ask what buy rate MF is over at Edmunds along with any potential incentives being offered for your zip and compare to a lease worksheet before signing, just to make sure you aren’t leaving anything on the table!

This deal looks very similar to mine only because I had an extra $500 from a corporate code. Excellent job getting 17% off!

My deal that @joeblogs posted was $5366 off (15% discount) then $1500 in incentives, which brought the deal to $351 a month all taxes included. I then put 7 MSDs down to make the deal $335 a month! If you can do MSDs, it’s a great payoff- over the course of my lease I put down $2450 to take over $900 off the total lease cost. I’d never be able to get that return on investment myself!

What color did you choose? Happy motoring!!

I’ll post pictures soon once I secure the deal! Thank you

Thank you all, I posted in the trophy garage forum!

1% of MSRP all inclusive (tax, tags, doc, acq) of course, but if there’s more room then always go as low as possible.

Hi, I am planning to lease one as well… would you mind sharing the lease sheet? Thanks.