MF: .0009 RV: 60%
14.5% off MSRP
Region: Southern California
Leasehackr Score: 9.1
Leasehackr Calculator Link: https://leasehackr.com/calculator

1 Like

Calculator link does not match what you specified in your post

1 Like

just updated the link! Sorry about that. Screenshot of the calculator attached below as well

On the right, under the memo section, is the link to your actual calculator with the numbers filled in. No need to screenshot.

As for how you did, did you verify mf/rv/incentives with edmunds?

1 Like

No incentives available unfortunately. And yes, base money factor and RV.

If this is a 2020 non-loaner - You killed it (even if it was a loaner, good deal anyway)

2 Likes

2020 non loaner!

1 Like

Major update here!

I showed up at the dealer last night (same-day as the offer) to sign-off. Obviously, I noticed they 14.5% discount from MSRP was unusually high, but after confirming over email AND over the phone with the sales person, I decided to move as fast as possible.

After arriving at the dealership, the finance manager came in to tell me there had been a mistake and that there was no way they could honor the deal. They attempted to renegotiate (I declined) and without being an asshole, just told them I’d be taking my business else where and obviously letting people know about this experience. Including here on the leasehackr forums!

After about an hour of deliberation, speaking with multiple folks including their GSM, they decided to honor the deal. I was shocked, but I did in fact come away with the deal. They told me it was the single largest discount their specific dealership had given anyone on a Forester.

In short, sales person/internet manager done messed up, but i still got the car!

5 Likes

Next time get that stuff in writing then send copy of license and insurance and have finance complete the lease contract. In addition, have the car prepped so when upon arrival all needed to be done is inspect the car then sign and drive. Everyone should do that to avoid staying in the stealership any longer than have to.

2 Likes

Thanks Mark! Great to know. This is my second lease, and after getting absolutely hosed on the first one, I committed to doing this one right. Obviously, I got super lucky on this one, but really appreciate the tip next time around.

Thanks again!

As I said - you killed it.

I’ve never seen a discount that high either on this particular vehicle.

1 Like