Random Jeep chatter

No odd chemical smell on my order but it did sit for 5 weeks in Toledo waiting shipment to the dealer. My wife commented the Jeep with SOT had less of a “new car” smell than our order last fall with premium soft top. That order arrived pretty quickly after being built. I suspect it will dissipate over time.

1 Like

Nearly 6 months of waiting, but the keys are finally in hand. :sunglasses:

34 Likes

6 months for a rubi? did you order the solid gold undercarriage?

1 Like

Lol, it should have it! It was the sweet combination of ordering before the MY22 production started, and this being a pretty loaded Rubi (MSRP ~$70k🤦‍♂️).

It might be the paint. I’m not sure about green, but both of the snazzberries that I’ve encountered have had a strong paint smell, one had SOT and the other had the hardtop. Whereas I haven’t smelled any odor in a granite crystal.

This should help

https://www.chargevc.org/ev-calculator/

2 Likes

Thanks that was actually really helpful especially being able to compare current vehicle.

That’s certainly not what I shoot for

2 Likes

That was a mistype just corrected it meant 1% of MSRP for monthly.

I figured that’s what you meant… and that’s still not something to be used to set a target

2 Likes

My soft top windows are already getting scratched up. I made the huge mistake of not ordering a window bag with my order. Wasn’t sure what it was for. Now every time I take my windows off, they either wrinkle or scratch. There hasn’t been a big one yet but I am being careful. I wish all of this was a lot easier. I like the naked look on the car, but I also don’t want to damage the windows excessively.

1 Like

I had my car charging using the free lvl 2 charging at my workplace.
I came back to my car and started it without unplugging the charger. The display said “something is wrong” and the car started making a really loud noise like the fan was on full or something. I got out quickly unplugged and then turned off the car.
It was a bit scary at first but everything was alright afterward.

You can use Plexus on the windows. You can get a window bag from an online Jeep parts dealer for not too much. Get the pert number from Quadratec, then compare prices. When you are done with the Jeep, you can just sell the bag yourself.

1 Like

Thanks. I did not realize off-brand was so cheap. I only need to use it a few times over the summer. So I ordered one.

Certain things are difficult to get around with soft tops. I accepted it as part of having a soft top. They will scratch and my window slider inside is also getting worn out.

Has anyone seen this on a build sheet before?

“Premium McKinley Trimmed Seats”

Just saw this posted on one of the FB forums, I don’t recall seeing that option before.

Aaand I got my first flat tire :confused: Parked it on the street and came to it the next day with it veering right when I started driving. Got out and sure enough, tire had a screw in it :S Guess it’s time to shop for a new tire since I didn’t get the road hazard warranty :cry:

Seems like those are the “standard” leather on the Pacifica: 2022 Chrysler Pacifica Interior | Minivan Seating & More

I wonder if it’s a typo or a preview of MY23 leather name changes?

1 Like

Interesting! I thought maybe it was the quilted leather from the HA but I know you can’t get saddle on that one!

Just get it patched correctly. You aren’t doing any high speed runs in this vehicle, so I wouldn’t bother replacing the tire.

3 Likes