RAM discount and how does FCA Affiliate discount work with dealers?

I’d like to make sure I’m armed with exactly how this process works before I go truck shopping. I signed up with Tread Lightly last month in anticipation for wanting a Ram this month. I’ll be at the one month mark in a few days and can begin shopping.

When a dealer accepts my affiliate code, do they get reimbursed for the affiliate discount by Stellantis/Ram, similar to how a rebate would be applied?

Also, how much luck have you all had with getting dealers to discount further than what the affiliate discount offers?

Affiliate deal officially is 1% under invoice but rule of thumb is that a dealer gets 2 points to work with on an affiliate deal.

Many dealers will offer more than that, the dealer I work with the most does 8% off invoice when you use Tread lightly. So short answer is a lot of luck. If you’re truck shopping I wouldn’t set foot in a dealership but I’d work with a broker or the community here to direct you to a much better deal or at least something you can use as leverage to get a solid one locally.

2 Likes

So from what you’re saying, the dealership doesn’t take any loss because of the affiliate discount, they’re compensated for that by the manufacturer?

And I’ll definitely work with a broker if I can’t find any luck. I’ve got a few good contacts with the local dealers around me that have played ball in the past, hoping I can make those work.

Yes dealers love affiliate because it’s more free money from corporate for a deal… unless it’s a hot seller in which case they can decline to accept a deal for 1% under invoice. For instance if a dealer has a TRX on the lot they’re not going to sell for that.

If you’re wanting a run of the mill Ram dealers are discounting up to 20% off to move the metal. You’ll have a lot of leverage.

1 Like

Good stuff, thank you!

I’m not leasing anything crazy, I’m shooting for a 1500 Big Horn with the level 2 package. The level 2 package has a nice extra $2980 in rebate on it in my area, which I can see why with how many are on dealer lots right now.

@Clutch was offering $7k+ off big horns end of last month as an example ⚙ Clutch CDJR - South - APRIL RAM BLOWOUT! :GC and GCL GROUP BUY 10.5% off MSRP $425 doc! AVAIL NATIONWIDE - #427 by Justin_B

You should be able to negotiate an aggressive discount before incentives and rebates. These are lot anchors right now.

2 Likes

Update here for anyone looking for Ram 1500s this month. The Big Horn level 2 package on the 1500 Big Horn Trim is giving an additional $2980 rebate in my zip code right now. So all together, if you stack all the bonus cash, Stellantis loyalty, and website coupon you are at $9980. This should make for a fantastic lease this month as long as you can get a dealer to play ball on the discount.

1 Like

Wow so they are giving away the 2 package for free ($2775 msrp) plus $200.
I’d even travel to pick that up
stellantis must have alot of inventory to be giving these kinds of discounts.
Keeping in mind the 2 package is on a 2022 model and we are almost halfway thru 2023

I was fooled :slight_smile:

The Ram website lists a “$2980” value under the rebates, but it’s just a marketing thing, not an actual rebate. But there is a $1800 rebate I wasn’t counting so in total they’re throwing $8800 towards it.

Right now none of my local dealers are budging off of the affiliate pricing which is frustrating. Hoping I get some more luck towards the end of the month.

Thought I would make a thread to get data points from others on the forum. I’m working out a Ram 1500 lease this month, already have some decent offers but am working for further discounts.

There is a high inventory of Ram 1500s this month and excellent rebates and MF for them. In particular, the Big Horn Level 1 trucks seem to be the highest inventory around me. So far I’ve gotten dealerships local to me in Indiana up to 8% discount before rebates (with Affiliate included). I definitely know there’s more room based on what brokers are offering this month so I’m going to keep driving that discount for another week or two.

In particular I’m shooting for a Big Horn Level 2 package so there’s a little bit less inventory, but I still think I can get to 11-12% discount range. There are a few trucks in my area that have been on the lot 70+ days now.

Any others working on Ram 1500s this month?

15K dealer discount and 3k in rebate. Right off their website only. no negotiation yet.

https://www.hbchryslerdodgejeepram.com/exotic-new/Ram/2022-Ram-1500-orange-county-8adf40ba0a0e0a9406d5b3e54fb7a02f.htm

1 Like

For the lower trim models 1500 Big Horn Quad Cab 4x2, I am seeing
MSRP-46575
dealer discount-5675
rebate - 2k

1 Like

Come on, the GM won’t do it unless YoU SiGn wiTH aLlY

1 Like

The dealer I got my GC 4xe from was trying to pull that Ally nonsense. I’m gonna make a “No Ally” t-shirt to wear for when I sign for a Ram 1500 this month

1 Like

Well, at least we know it is possible. Just that the GM isn’t willing to do it.
Plus it is a data point.

1 Like

Ally = marry the vehicle for the term
CCAP = bootycall

5 Likes

I’ll give the dealer credit they provide a decent breakdown of what the sale price actually is and how they get there in regular-size print.Even though they salp a 17k ADM on

The window sticker on that one is cheaper than the after dealer discount price lmao

1 Like

I had to check.

https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C6SRFFT1NN343758

Ally = marry the abusive spouse and then have to pay alimony after the divorce

5 Likes