RAM 1500 LEASING in CA This Week Please Help this NEWBIE! San Diego, CA

Hi Leasehackr’s! I am newbie leasehackr looking for a little guidance. Please go easy on me as I’m still green. Any help with how to work a new RAM deal would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for all the help! I owe all that reply a cold one :slight_smile: Sorry for the long description.

Here is my GOAL: 42-48 month Lease on a 2020 Ram 1500 4x4 Big Horn (upgraded) or Laramie. $1500 down 10,000 miles a year. I want to be in the low 400’s with everything out the door included tax etc. Is that going to be hard to do or possible?

Has to be 4x4, White/Dark Gray, Crew Cab, Color Matches bumpers (open to chrome but don’t like), a midsize or large screen. The RAM’s I’ve liked online typically have an advertised net price of around $45,000 - $53,000 after you factor in all the incentives.

I just went into my local dealership where I got my current lease a Durango 2018 RT RWD. I thought I got a pretty good lease deal. I wasn’t impressed with what they were willing to offer on the RAM. I didn’t even haggle with the guy like I did my Durango. I just wanted to sit in it fart and a test drive it and didn’t want to be there too long.

How much can they really flex on these deals this month APRIL 2020? Some online are saying inventory is tight because of Coronavirus and manufacturing that has stopped.

The local dealership says they will take my car and I won’t have to pay any more payments. I think I have a bit of lease equity but don’t really want to deal with trying to sell it privately unless I’d make 2,500-4K.

Here is the RAM 1500 I looked at today that I like. I am just starting my process:
Big Horn Ram 1500 4x4 Crew Cab 5.7
VIN: 1C6-SRFFT9LN-108487
$49,220 MSRP
MONEY FACTOR: 0.001000
Residual: $24,610
= $550/month everything out the door 10,000 miles/year.

How crap of a deal is this?

Current lease I have 9 months left on my current lease which has 21,500 miles right now. Was a 10,000/year lease. I put down $1000 bucks and they took over 1 payment on my Audi a6 if $550. MSRP was $49,325 and some change ( included the sticker VIN 1C4-SDHCT9JC-228631. I pay $515/month currently on my lease with everything out the door. Was this a decent deal? I am happy that they will just take the car and I am not stuck with 6-9 more monthly payments but I am not paying $550 a month for a cloth RAM.

Wait until the winter, December, if your lease isn’t up for 9 months. They are rolling your payments into the new lease, so no, it’s not a good deal. Those Big Horns can go for about $320-350/mo with first payment due at signing here in NJ if you find a dealer willing to play ball.

As to your Durango, no idea if it’s a good deal because what might’ve been a good deal 2 years ago might be an average or bad deal now. It’s very time dependent.

Also, I would never do more than a 39 month lease. 39 months is the sweet spot for FCA products typically. I would not want to be responsible for an FCA product a year outside of warranty. Hell, 3 months is a bit scary, but you can generally get rid of them a month or 2 early no problem.

1 Like

Thanks for response and help Falcon i appreciate it.

Not sure how they are wrapping in the $4,725 of remaining lease payments i have. They said they would just buy the car and sell it for $32-33,000. Can you explain? Again I’m super green with all this an appreciate your help.

I understand the concept of wrapping the payments into the next lease if you have negative equity but i don’t.

Please don’t do this

Haha I don’t make quick decisions usually haha.

I need to be in the low 400’s or less.

Should i go 36 month??

Check your payoff and reference it against carvana, vroom, and shift. That will give you a rough idea of whether or not you have equity.

If you have 9 months left on your lease, wait. You’ll find better deals when things are back to normal.

They’re going to do 1 of 2 things

1. Roll in the rest of your payments into the new lease
  2. Buy out your lease and roll your equity (positive or negative) into the new lease

If they’re going to buy out your lease, you really need to have a solid understanding of what your current vehicle is relative to the lease payoff amount. That means getting multiple offers. Normally, we’d say to talk to carvana, shift, vroom, and CarMax, but most/all are closed or giving poor offers right now due to covid.

1 Like

Food for thought: there’s also a guy in the marketplace section who is in Long Beach I believe? And has some solid deals the last couple months if you’re really itching to move fast he could probably help.

1 Like

Thank you i did not know. Will look for him on marketplace :+1:t2::sunglasses::beer:

You have a lot of time left on your Durango lease so there is no need to rush into any decision during the current environment.

People on this forum tend to treat any lease longer than 39mo like it’s a time bomb that should be avoided at all costs. Chrysler Capital has their strongest program on 42mo for the last 9 months so that is their strongest value. But if you are willing to do 42mo, you should also look at 48mo because both leases are outside of the factory warranty and you end up saving even more money on your monthly payment. But the best 48mo payment isn’t through Chrysler Capital.

Either way, with most Ram 1500 42/48mo leases, you’ll have some equity in the 36-39 month mark so you can trade out.

Since you live in San Diego, you can lease through Mission Fed. Their leases come with a $1k wear and tear waiver which will cover tires or any other minor dings/scratches up to $1k. CCap doesn’t have this.

CCAP @ 42mo 10k is 53% with a buy rate of 0.00001 but only $500 in rebates. They are spending all the incentive money on the rate buydown.

Mission Fed @ 48mo 10k is 52% with a buy rate of 0.00158 but you get $5000 in rebates.

I’m not sure exactly how much lower your payment would be through the mission fed 48mo but it’s in the $20-$30/month range, depending on how exactly they are handling your trade equity or remaining payments.

I’m partial because I set the RVs for the Credit Unions but the deal structure is better because your cap cost is so much lower with the rebate difference. Basically if you want to trade it out after 3 years, you’ll be in a better position through mission fed than with the captive.

San Diego CDJR is signed with Mission Fed so you can ask them to run the numbers for Mission Fed at 48mo and request the buy rate of 0.00158 (if you are above 750).

Also try the other stores in town as they are all signed up with Mission Fed. I have a good contact at Carl Burger that should be able to beat the other guys.

PM me your email address/phone and I’ll Put together a list of contacts that are actually working these days to see if you can have more than one deal worked up to try and get the best payment.

4 Likes

Also Mission Fed has a great Used Lease program that several local CDJR stores put their service loaners through once they hit a couple thousand miles. This is a good way to get a higher trim level truck at a potentially similar or even lower payment.

1 Like

Man you hit it out of the park. Thanks for all this information It is invaluable. I owe you! Sent you a message.

I will look into mission fed and their used lease options. I wonder how deep the discounts are on those demos.

Cheers!

There are some huge discounts on the demos when they are in stock. The only problem right now is that the inventory is really weak with very little to choose from since they aren’t churning through the service loaner vehicles.

Here is a 2019 Crew Cab Big Horn 5.7 4WD at San Diego CDJR with 1,747 miles and a selling price of $31,374. MSRP on it was $48,440.

https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C6RR7TT4KS732187

That one would be a really cheap lease through our used lease program.

1 Like

Easier to hack if you got the insider RVs haha.

1 Like

Yeah, I can custom underwrite a VIN-specific RV on a specific used vehicle so we can bend on the risk just enough to get the deal done in some cases. Most of the time, the customer’s expectation of what is a realistic payment is far too risky for us to stomach.

I have had two different dealerships in the Orange County, CA area give me two way better quotes on slightly higher priced rams then my current dealership here in San Diego is giving. Both around 52K

I took that news back to the dealership I first went to and they said they could do $450/month now all in including the taxes on the car with $1500 down and 10,000 miles a year. So basically just knocked $100 off. I don’t know why they didn’t start me there kinda makes me mad that these other dealers started at the lower price without haggling and they have never done business with me. It is through US bank 42 month.

I have the Sticker posted on my first post.

USBank should be highlighted. Different RVs, MF, and cap cost, as dealer can apply discounts for selling the car to USBank vs lease incentives. Or it could be just normal car dealership negotiation. If it makes you feel better, I tried hacking a i3 for my dad last year, sale price at the dealer was 41k since it was a 2019 450 days old, and they sent lease numbers 4% off msrp and wouldn’t budge with BMWFS.

Just got this down to $450/month everything out the door. $1500 down 10,000 mile a year lease. Has more options than the one I started this post with and is $2800 more on the sticker cost. What are your thoughts on this deal? I feel like its not that bad of a deal.

42 month lease:
Sticker price: $52,005
Residual: $27,563
Chrysler Capital money factor: .00001
$450/month out the door

What you guys think of this?

Check out the stick here:
sadfsadfas|690x439

Mike I hate to be that guy, but just was just wondering if you have seen some of the deals people are getting (in SoCal too) on the Tundras right now. I know they don’t have some of the same fancy stuff the Ram trucks have but the payments are less than half of what you are being quoted on a relatively closely equipped and equally capable half ton truck. If you really want the Ram I get it but if you want a nice half ton and a phenomenal lease no other MFG can touch the Tundra leases. Good luck with whatever you decide! :+1:

Edit: Regardless what you decide I highly recommend you give Jeff with Beach Cities Auto Brokers a call. He is legit and will get you the best possible deal in SoCal on a Ram truck. He also does Toyota’s too!

@Jeff_BeachCitiesAuto

And it’s not even 42 months