Ram 1500 diesel

Hey hackers,

I’ve found ram truck with 2 options I want - diesel and air suspension and it is reasonably priced (<60k). Those with air suspension are usually close to 80k

RAM 1500 Big Horn crew cab 4X4 5’7" box
$57470

Dealer in NC and I’m in PA, so there are some logistics complications. They quoted 490$, zero down for 12k/36mo lease
I’ll have to pay tags and taxes here.

They going to send the deal in writing, I’ll add details…

Do you think it worth pursuing? On one side I still have 3 payments left on the current lease which is about $1k. On the other hand, these trucks with air suspension in <60k price range are rare… I wrote a simple script to query ramtrucks.com API and found just one on a whole east coast :smile:

Is the air suspension really worth it? Doesn’t PA tax the payment, that usually has to figured in the payment, not usually something you can do after signing. I’d make sure this dealer has done out of state deals before and is capable of doing it, you don’t want to sign and have to resign again and again or have it tied up

2 Likes

Compared to local dealerships, that was not a bad deal

Getting a lot of these from PA and NJ dealers :frowning:

Why do they set these low MF at .00009?

Is it just me, I rarely see diesel cars or trucks outside of PA. I totally would do a diesel discovery, but I do sometimes travel OOS, and that’s be a hassle to find fuel outside truck stops.

Back in topic, you need more discount. These trucks are hot locally, for the North Carolina deal post all the info you got and we’ll try to help. FCA/RAM is tricky since they sometimes use different banks.

What do you mean by this question?

I don’t understand what they’re offering with these essentially zero MF, is it some sort of rebate schema between dealerships and banks?

Manufacturers subvene leases in multiple ways. Sometimes in a cash incentive, sometimes it’s an inflated residual value, sometimes it’s a low MF.

In all situations, it’s done by the bank and/or manufacturer. The dealer isn’t involved. The dealer doesn’t get to choose (although they generally can mark up the mf to make additional profit).

1 Like

Thanks!
What determines dealer’s discounts, supply/demand and seasonality? Looking at these quotes, the only way I can get good quote is to have good discount off msrp, but I’m not sure where to look for good dealers making good discounts.

With European manufactures it was more straightforward… I’d look at area dealers websites, what they have in stock and % off msrp, ping them to get a quote most most discounted cars. Negotiate few more percentage points off and the deal almost there.

Is this approach can work with FCA dealers?

There is only one offer in my zip from FCA

"2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4:
$307 a month for 36 months with $3,799 due at signing and a $0 refundable security deposit.

Based on 2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4, total MSRP $44,685 and net capital cost of $36,058.

Customer is responsible for disposition fee of $395 (less if required by state law), excess wear & tear fees and $0.25 cents per mile over 10,000 miles per year due at end of lease term. Offer valid January 5, 2021 - February 1, 2021 and must take delivery from existing dealer stock by February 1, 2021. "

Dealer advertised offers are usually a complete waste of time. Your best bet is to try to find some comparable deals posted to determine a target pre-incentive discount.

There won’t be tons of comps for 1500 diesels specifically, but I’ve seen em pop up from time to time.

1 Like

Agreed. Wish I could help but I haven’t even quoted a 1500 Diesel.

OP: I can tell you that, at least as far as Chrysler cap is concerned, the RV/MF are the same on diesel and gas.

If it really is 490 with nothing or 1st month due, it sounds like a great deal to me based on what I’m seeing locally.

First month, tags title, so probably 400, plus 490, and running service.

Another not so good quote

msrp 58.5k
cap cost: 56.8k
rebates: 3.5k
Fees: 900
Adjusted cap: 54.3k (1.65k off msrp, 3.5k inventives)

Term 36mo
Residual: 32.8k
MF: .00003

With 0 down, 655$/mo :frowning:
Only 3% off msrp

Take the first deal lol

1 Like

Got a good offer in PA. This will be a custom order, so there is of course some uncertainty on final pricing. But so far it looks good on paper.

BigHorn base 43200 + diesel, air suspension, delux cloth, level 1,
MSRP 53800
FWP 50600
Sale price: 48600
Rebates: 6k
residual: 56%
MF: 0.00003

445/mo including tax
Due at signing: first month

I tried to plug the numbers dealer gave me into calculator

1 Like

Dealer fee is most definitely not 85, it’s 389.