R1S Lease Numbers

Since Rivian still isn’t listed in the Leasehackr system, figured I would share my numbers in the forum for fun!

1 Like

How did you get the 2% off MSRP?

End of quarter incentive. That was actually smaller than what most folks were getting (around $3k for more expensive trims).

Over $9k down ?

Calculator shows nearly $10k due at signing, which includes a $7k down payment.

That’s what I thought. I don’t get doing that.

Nobody should be paying >$1k effective for an EV in this market

Are you a pre-price increase order? I reserved back in 2021 and got the 20% voucher (which only applies to purchases unfortunately) but they did do about a $6k discount and paint discount.

36 months 10k miles
MSRP: 98250.00
Lease Discount: 6250
Paint Discount: 1750
Delivery Fee: 1800
Selling Price: 92050.00
Monthly Payment: 654.77
Due at signing (no down payment. Ohio): 4630.61
Total cost per month: 765.21
2023 Quad R1S (ad said the 2023 would be almost $70 less a month on lease)

Yay/nay? Should I try to get more as I know some people got a wheel discount $2500 instead of paint $1750?

Or I could purchase a $59,920 R1S dual motor (price voucher) and amend my 2022 taxes to get the $7500?

2 Likes

If I were in the market for an R1S, I would take that deal in a heartbeat. I put a deposit down for an R2. Let’s see what happens in 2026. :grin:

1 Like

Thanks! I need to motivation to jump on the deal as my last car purchase was 6 years ago and it was a model 3 ($60k). So this is a small jump

It sucked at first cause they show vehicle selling price at $76k but only if you purchased. A shady move by Rivian.

Could be worse, they could roll in pretend gas savings when quoting you a price

9 Likes

$1000 was the order deposit from years ago - I put an additional $6k down because I wanted to match our current car payment (just cash flow purposes). And my plan is to turn around and buy out the lease in 4-6 months.

Few thoughts:

• why is the “lease discount” $6250? Everyone gets the $7500 EV credit cap cost reduction no matter what I thought?
  • if you are able to take delivery by tomorrow, then I don’t see why you don’t receive a discount around $3000-3500. Just reference the fact that this is what other people are being offered…(initially my guide only offered to comp. all-weather mats but I pushed further to get the ‘paint’ discount)
  • I would purchase 100% - that price is insane. And if it doesn’t work out in a couple months for whatever reason, you could sell for a tidy profit

I don’t think that is shady at all - your grandfathered pricing is an incredible offer that most people would take in a heartbeat! :slight_smile:

Yeah the grandfathered price kept me waiting for the R1S. The shady comment was about them showing a $76k purchase price, but lease price was $98k. That’s $22k more than I was expecting.

After looking at other lease deals out there for comparable vehicles, I knew the R1S is what I wanted. I missed the etron GT deal here and the taycans are more than I’d be comfortable paying at the moment.

I went ahead and took the lease deal, but I changed it to 12k miles cause the wife thinks I’ll be driving it everywhere. I know she’ll be driving it more than me as she loves big vehicles. I’m a sedan guy, but the 0-60 in 3 seconds is what caught my attention. Going to 12k miles from 10k miles was less than $28 more a month.

Reasons for the lease:

• The factory being retooled, I think they’ll fix the wireless charger, change the steering wheel to what the R2 showed, and change the doors handles to buttons
  • 3 years will get me to the R2 which is more of the size vehicle we need
  • With the EV used car market declining, it wasn’t worth it to me to get the vehicle even at $59,920 for the dual motor config. I’ll let Rivian/Chase take the depreciation risk, not me.
  • I signed the binding agreement for 2022 taxes to get the old tax refund of $7500 which would be awesome, but have read lately the IRS declining the amendments. I didn’t want to take that chance and with the lease, I got the $7500 immediately.
  • Last reason was rates being around 6.99%, I know I could get cheaper elsewhere. But the rental charges I’m seeing for some Rivian’s for 3 years is less than $50.

Thank you all for the positive comments about taking the deal. I figured this site would be quick to call out a bad lease deal.

Lease discount of $6250 due to being a reservation holder since Oct 2021. It was either lease discount or purchase voucher (20%), only could get 1. I also got the $7500 tax credit, plus the original $1000 reservation from 2021.

I just got the final paperwork late last night. I still need to make the due at signing paperwork, but I’ll make that Monday via cashiers check or ACH. My guide didn’t do anything, but the “Inside Sales” did the paint discount.