Qx30s vs BMW XI

I was driving behind an Infiniti QX30S today and I thought to myself “Wow! That’s a nice rear end!” Truth be told- I almost got myself an X1 for Christmas last year. What’s your opinion on these cars (looks, drive, feel)?

I’ll take its brother the GLA more standard features for little more money. Overall nice car if you’re in that market.

We ended up with an X1 because it simply had more rear cargo space. The QX30 hatch is SMALL, whereas the X1 is similar in size to the Q5, X3 etc.

Otherwise a nice car for the money.

I just got the QX30 (not Sport) on Monday and was also in the market for the X1 prior to getting the QX. Unfortunately I didn’t test drive the Sport, so I don’t really know how different it is from the non-sport versions. The Premium AWD I got feels pretty solidly planted to the ground, has sporty-ish handling, and good accel and braking. The X1 definitely had more road feel and [seemingly] more space up front. Still, I’ve been enjoying the QX and in my area it was easier to negotiate a
deal at Infiniti (BMW was :disappointed:). Go for a ride yourself!

Yea- I know what you mean. I wrote a full page regarding BMW dealerships in general on this forum.

My 2 cents: I would get a faster (Q50), more luxurious (C300) or better handling (330i) sedan for similar money.

I’ve always been a fan of “taller” cars. Comfort and view. The f type is a one off:wink:

@Alex I also prefer slightly taller cars, maybe because I’m on the taller end and it makes entry/exit a little easier. I have to say the driver’s seat view in the QX30 isn’t great; the hood contour makes it hard to judge distance from the passenger side corner and the pillars provide a fair amount of obstruction. I feel like the pillar problem applies to many cars now, with the window-squashing designs every maker likes these days. I also went from a Murano (original design) to this car, so it’s going to take some time for me to adjust.

@max_g It definitely seemed like there were better deals to be had on the sport sedans. I would’ve done it if I didn’t have dogs and future kid(s) in the mix!