Questions on finding a broker for custom x5 x40i

I have been trying to find a broker for a custom $80,xxx x5 x40i as I could not find one that matched what my wife had wanted (white/coffee/black trim/driving assist/parking assist/massage chairs) but have not had luck so far and had some questions that might be common sense. I am located in Nevada.

1. Some suggestions I have seen on previous topics suggest trying to find a broker in a nearby state like California but some of the marketplace topics say things like California only or California residents. Are these brokers only able to broker deals for residents of that state?

2. I was planning to do an all cash purchase and not have to deal with financing. Many of the broker topics seem to be focused on lease and finance deals and some of the broker contact forms also seem to focus on questions relating to finance or lease. Does being a cash purchase make it harder to find a broker or lower the potential discount?

3. I assume west coast is harder to find a good deal vs east cost for BMW? What would be a good realistic % to aim for? I can see east coast working as well even if shipped.

@ZZAutoDeals

1 Like

@IAC . I reached out to ZZ yesterday and was told

“We have allocations only for the sDrive40i, not the xDrive40i. We won’t be getting anymore 2024 allocations for the X5 either since it will be switching to 2025 model year soon”

1 Like

Thanks, @IAC. OP is correct - we’re out of xDrive40i allocations, unfortunately. SoCal typically has an abundance of sDrive40i’s, but not many xDrives.

1 Like

It can lower the discount by a little bit, since they’re giving up a commission from the bank. But they should still be willing to sell you a car. It gets them a profit on that car and one more unit closer to their annual volume goal.

Data point: Mercedes dealer said financing could increase the discount by ~$200 on a $42k cash deal

1 Like

Medford has a PHEV white with a black interior… oh oops they have a white with coffee interior one as well. Massaging seats, DAP, Park Assist too.

Unfortunately I don’t think BMWFS is passing the $7,500 PHEV tax rebate through on their x50e leases.

https://www.medfordbmw.com/new/BMW/2024-BMW-X5+PHEV--dc9388fd0a0e082f231e9743b6617569.htm

https://www.medfordbmw.com/new/BMW/2024-BMW-X5+PHEV--dc93ad3e0a0e0a942d90b3b2b3472366.htm

Edit: haha Bmw X5 PHEV $7500 lease credit

No pass through and no ones cutting deals on in-stock X5 50e’s with them being delayed production.

Yeah I don’t expect Nevada-guy to be able to find a deal if he’s picking off the lot. But if he’s impatient that white/coffee x50e is like the only one in the West Coast that has his desired massaging seats. Nobody specs those seats. They don’t even massage all that well IMO.

NM, that one at Medford doesn’t have shadowline. RIP.