Questions About Working With Out of State Dealers / Brokers For 2021 Audi Q5 or Volvo V60CC / XC60

, , , ,

Dear LeashHackr Community,

I hope you all are well.

1. One of my best friends lives in Oklahoma and has an Audi A4 Prestige coming off lease in December.

2. She was thinking about leasing a 2021 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, and got a quote from her local dealer. It’s not even worth posting, as it included a pre-incentive MSRP discount of only 2.5%.

3. In terms of next steps, I’m suggesting that she cross shop the Volvo V60 Cross Country or the Volvo XC 60, which has a Costco program running this month. She should also be eligible for the Volvo Teacher Program incentive (that, if I’m not mistaken, includes a 5% pre-negotiated MSRP discount, which I know is not that great either).

4. In a relatively thinly-traded market like Oklahoma compounded by low inventory during the pandemic, around what pre-incentive MSRP discount should I be aiming for, particularly with a refreshed model like the 2021 Audi Q5 or, in the case of the Volvo, the new 2021 model year changeover?

5. I’m contemplating opening up the search to other larger and hopefully more competitive neighboring markets, such as Dallas, Kansas City, and St. Louis. My question is if we did a deal with an out of state dealer (or one of the well-respected brokers on this forum, for that matter), do they typically handle local registration and plates or is that something we would have to figure out on our own?

6. Finally, if she didn’t want to drive to pick up the car in person, is there anything to be concerned about having the vehicle delivered (other than additional shipping costs)? And if we got that route, would she have to sign the lease paperwork before actually taking delivery of the vehicle?

I know that’s a lot of questions. Thank you so much in advance for your insights and collective knowledge. We really appreciate it!

If i would be in Your shoes i would try to reach out to @Benedetto. He has great Volvo deals and reviews as a broker

1 Like

Thanks for the great suggestion, I’ll reach out to Ben after my friend checks out the Volvos, and confirms that she wants to go that route instead of the Audi Q5. Thanks again!

1 Like