Questions about returning my lease 3 months early

I have a 2015 Infiniti Q50 39 month lease. I would like to return it by the end of month 36.

Now I have searched but have been unable to find an answer.

I will not be going over on miles, I am actually a little under. I also have no damage on the car and have only put on 10k miles on the original run flats (which I will place back on the car before the lease return). Lets assume that I will not get hit with any wear/tear maintenance fees.

Assuming my 39 month lease @ 10,000 miles a year, that gives me 32,500 miles.

What I want to do is return it on month 36, will hopefully have 32,000 miles on the car by then, and I have no problem paying the other 3 months left on the lease and the disposition fee upon return. Since I am returning the car early, are there any other penalties other than the remaining 3 months balance and disposition fee?

I have tried to search for answers but I have not been able to find it even on the Infiniti financial site.

Thank you for your help!

I’ve been researching a similar question and came across this article that I found fairly useful but might be EVEN more useful for yourself.

It’s unlikely he could do this on a Q50. Without knowing the details of the original contract, can’t say for sure, but it’s doubtful.

Unfortunately the Infiniti Q50 loses its value very very very quickly.

KBB states value of car for trade in currently is $20,000 to $23,000. A private party value of $23,000 to $26,000. The payoff value of the car as of today is $27,784.

Yikes. I had tunnel vision there, didn’t think that one through.

delete 20202020 chars

Yeah, no kidding. Because everyone gets 25% off the msrp to begin with.

1 Like

You would be responsible for the remaining payments and dispo fee and any wear/tear. Turning in 3 months early will not incur any additional expenses.

If you are going to buy/lease another Infiniti, ask your dealer and they may eat the last 3 payments for you. And there are no issues if you want to return early and pay the remaining months. Absolutely fine.

Thank you all for your help. I feel much better knowing this info.

I may consider getting into a QX80, but I doubt it as it generally leases poorly, as most full size SUV’s.

I believe this is due to Sedan extinction. People want SUV, Truck, and Crossover. Even Hatches and Wagons are favorable.

I’ve reading about the death of the Sedan for the last year or so, and the numbers just don’t lie. It’s for real.

KBB just sucks and the dealers are taking advantage of it when you want to trade a car in. Drive a brand new car off the lot, go directly to CarMax, they offer you right away 30% below what you have paid. The entire system is kind of strange but unfortunately this is the way it ism