Question regarding early termination fee

Hello,

We are looking at leasing a Mazda CX-90 Phev and would like to buyout asap. I researched Oregon laws on leases regarding early termination fee… what does this mean?:

“Oregon law allows for an early termination fee on a car lease, but it can’t exceed 1.5 times the monthly rent. The fee must appear in the rental agreement”

Does it mean for simplicity sake say we get a lease for 36 months with a monthly lease payment of $600 which would be a total of $21,600 total for the 36 months… so they can only charge us 1.5% of that total amount? … which would be $324 if we buyout the lease asap?

“Early termination” wouldn’t apply to you.

1 Like

As @max_g stated, early term charges would not apply to you since you’re exercising your purchase option. Your buyout would be approximately your adjusted cap cost plus any purchase option fee plus tax plus applicable fees. See your lease agreement. If you want an accurate calculation of your buyout, PM me.

1 Like

Thank you! I will take you up on your offer as soon as I have the lease agreement.

Thank for getting back to me so quickly!

Sure. No problem. I have a quick turn-around time.

1 Like

It won’t apply to you, but your math is wrong. They can charge up to 1.5x the monthly payment. That would be $900 in your example.