Question Re: EQS Total Loss

Hi all,

My wife recently got in an accident and our EQS is totaled. Fortunately, wife and dogs are ok.

Insurance is offering ~20k over my payoff amount. Do you know if that will be paid back to me?

Alternatively, can I just give Mercedes Financial the payoff amount in full, and then have my insurance pay me the full settlement amount?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

I’m not sure about the legality of the situation, but I would make sure to have the cash in hand from your insurance before paying MBFS.

Happy to hear everyones okay. I would also make sure to have everyone that was in the car at the time of the crash checked out with an x-ray/CT scan/MRI. Even if there seems to be no injuries or pain, it can go undetected for a while.

I’ve seen too many ghost concussions or accident related issues pop up weeks or even months after the crash.

What does your lease contract say?

No, at the time of the event MBFS was the legal owner of the vehicle. That fact is set in stone and cannot be changed without going back in time or possibly committing fraud by lying about what happened when and who owned what.

If the contract, insurance policy or state law makes you the legal beneficiary of any excess amount over the payoff then it will come to you.