Question on repaired BMW Loaner Lease

So I’ve used this forum pretty religiously over the years but today I encountered a first for me and was curious on your thoughts. I saw a loaner BMW 440i discounted down to $33k for a 2019 BMW 440i. I thought it was a little low because that was without me haggling and they said that it was a BMW demo/loaner that had an accident and BMW repaired it so the title is still clean and the manufacturer warranty is still intact. I asked about incentives like loyalty and they said the loyalty credit and incentives don’t apply because it’s slightly over 5k miles. So my question is 1. Would you still consider it if you were me? I figure this may be a great opportunity to cut it down further by haggling and if so seeing as that it was in an accident and loaner how much you think I could realistically get it discount it down to with some haggling?

Over 5k miles it takes a serious hit on residual which is also probably why it’s discounted.

Run the numbers and see if it makes sense. As long as the accident was repaired correctly? Go for it. It’s a lease - not a purchase.

If the mileage is low enough they may be able to request an exception from BMW to allow them to apply incentives and a more friendly residual. Could make it a killer deal.

Would the rule of thumb of push for 20% off apply here as well?

Much more given the incentives available on a sub-5k mile car and the residual hit (I think 5000-7499 is now to subtract 6% plus $.25/mile over 500).

I need someone smarter than me to confirm the residuals over 5000 because I think they recently changed. @mp11477?

1 Like

Just to clarify you’re saying the residual hit is $5k-7k so ask for at least that off?

It can be that high, yes. I’ve asked someone to confirm the calculation.

The leasehackr calculator will do the work for you, too.

I should know better. Wiki here:

Residual hit on 5000 or more is 7% plus the mileage adjustment.

Negotiate accordingly.

1 Like

Great! Thanks for your help! One more quick question, I’m turning in my current BMW 330i lease and the pre-inspection said that I may need to replace the tires. Do you guys negotiate that and waiving doc fee into your new leases or do you just fork out the money for the replacement of the tires?

I meant waive *disposition fee instead of doc fee in the above post.

The waiving of the dispo is handled by BMWFS. Not the dealer.

As far as tires, if you don’t replace them you’ll get a bill. Recommend finding a set of the OEMs on bestusedtires and get them installed. You’ll save a bundle.

1 Like