Question for dealers

Or not paid at all…

You must be an excellent salesperson if you’re batting above .500

At the end of the day, isn’t sales just a numbers game? It doesn’t matter if you are selling cars, houses, pest control, etc… you make as many proposals to as many people who will listen. Sooner or later someone is going to buy.

Like going to your first dance. You ask every girl/boy/[whatever these days]

“Wanna’ dance?” - next - “Wanna’ dance?” - next - “Wanna’ dance?”
…sooner or later, one of them is going to say yes.

((In my case, it was more later than sooner))

2 Likes

Some stay virgins for life doing this.

3 Likes

I mean we are talking about 1 person sending 1 referral after they back out from a sale so I believe that is 1/2, not working on hypotheticals but the actual topic at hand

And in the scenario at hand, that first lead is dead so no point in crying over spoilt milk. The referral from that dead lead, however, is no less valuable than your next incoming phone call or email. Why not treat it equally?

My point is not to say an up and a referral should not be treated the same. It’s to say that me building a relationship with a client, building rapport, working to tailor the experience to be left with the equivalent of an up customer would not leave anyone happy. If he was willing to give a referral at the time the sale did not work out, I am sure he would have given that same client if he did purchase the car.

Do you think Q or Ben feel any better after spending weeks/months with someone like Pretty Boy and getting in return a glowing LH review “I did not buy from him but will definitely send all my friends and relatives to him” LOL

Not even talking about Pretty Boy’s feedback

1 Like

Hopefully Ben and Q change their numbers before he starts calling again in 3 years.

Y’all just bitter that he actually ended up getting a car, and it was an"exotic" as well :grin: