Question about the Costco Auto Program

Hello Hackrs,

Long time follower of this site. In fact I did score a super lease deal on the last years Chevy Cuze (Lame Ducks) for $60/month zero down. Now that my lease is about to expire in Feb 2018, I have started my search for a new lease. I kept checking the Leasehackr website every few days but never saw any new deals. Never knew there was this forum and people posted great deals here. I have been constantly reading all the posts since last week. now I am very interested in the 2017 / 2018 Chevy Equinox. Looks like a great car with High Residual and Good incentives. Now my question for all you hackrs is about the Costo Auto Program. I understand that you need to be a Costco member before Sep 30 to take advantage of the $700 Gift card. Unfortunately I am not. Does that mean I cannot take advantage of this program even if one of my friend is a member. Does the lease has to be in name of the person who has the Costco membership? Any input is valuable. Thanks.

Costco always looking for new members. I would contact them and see if they can do anything.
Where are you located? If you are in SoCal contact @chevysalesgirl , she has the Costco Equinox pricing
already posted : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tcnOUrr6zGKfXPbLY6KoFLMTpHMvM0B0xe_QX8MqEXo/edit#gid=0

you have to be a member prior to october 2nd. if you want to get the rebate and your friend has it, they have to cosign. it is household transferable i just read. just need some extra proof on our end.

Thank you both for your quick replies. i just called Costco and even the Costco Auto Program but they said they cannot do anything now.

hope this sums it up for everyone.

ELIGIBLE COSTCO MEMBERS:

• ONLY CUSTOMERS WHO WERE COSTCO MEMBERS AS OF OCTOBER 2, 2017, OR WHO BECOME A COSTCO MEMBER AT A COSTCO WAREHOUSE THAT OPENS AFTER OCTOBER 2, 2017, AND WHO TAKE DELIVERY OF AN ELIGIBLE VEHICLE AT A PARTICIPATING DEALER BETWEEN OCTOBER 3, 2017 AND JANUARY 2, 2018 ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS OFFER.

• THIS OFFER CAN BE TRANSFERRED TO INDIVIDUALS RESIDING IN THE SAME HOUSEHOLD. BOTH THE TRANSFEROR’S (ELIGIBLE COSTCO MEMBER) AND TRANSFEREE’S RESIDENCY MUST BE VERIFIED WITH CURRENT DRIVER’S LICENSE OR STATE IDENTIFICATION.

• IF TRANSFERRED TO AN INDIVIDUAL RESIDING IN THE SAME HOUSEHOLD, PROOF OF ELIGIBILITY ALONG WITH PROOF OF RESIDENCY (DRIVER’S LICENSE OR STATE IDENTIFICATION) FOR THE TRANSFER OR (ELIGIBLE COSTCO MEMBER) AND TRANSFEREE

Try and find a Costco that opened after 10/2/17 or is opening soon and join at that location.

3 Likes

I love that workaround.

For reference, here are the locations that you can use to do it:

Hahaha, great solution. But I am in Brooklyn NY. Can someone get the membership at a remote store? Never been a Costco member before.

Nope. When you get it they check your ID and take your picture.

Do I have to be executive member before Oct 2 too? Or can I upgrade now to take advantage of higher rebate?

As long as you were a regular member before 10/2, you can upgrade to executive now to get the larger rebate.

My Costco membership dates back to when my friend and I used to share an apartment. We no longer live in the same household, but we still share the Costco membership. My friend is the primary member and I am the secondary. Do you guys foresee any issue (because the lease document will have my current address) getting the Costco cash card if I use my Costco membership#?. I already registered for the promotion and got the authorization number. Thx

Ok so if one does qualify for the membership piece but it is a mortal level meaning just a regular member; not an executive or the other kind then is there any benefit at all? For regular “mortal” individual members (not business) there is no cash card yes?

Then what else is there? Just the special pricing based on the lead one generates before getting the deal?

Thanks
~B

You might as well upgrade to Executive membership to get the extra $400. You can downgrade back to Regular membership later.

1 Like