Question about an Aston Martin

Have a friend who wants me to do him a favor and sell his Aston Martin DBX. The window sticker he sent me just shows an MSRP of $212k and the color (Xenon Gray), but doesn’t list the features or upgrades. I went on a few sites and am seeing massive ranges on this car (2021), I’m guessing based on how it was built out. I see the original MSRP on these starts at $179k, so he has a little over $30k in options. His has just under 10k miles. Any idea how much a fair ask in a person to person transaction would be? What other info would you need to get a fair asking price? Really looking for anyone with info/knowledge specifically in this brand.

• bonus, I get to house and drive it while I try to sell it :slight_smile:

I would list it for $300k. May take quite a while to sell.

9 Likes

Here’s the Manheim sales.
Looks like he’s going to wind up paying near $10/mile depreciation.

3 Likes

$100k loss staring right at him - might be the greatest ever seen on LH

2 Likes

Oh yea these depreciate like a rock. Good luck.

The upkeep costs drain your wallet fast Cool car though

Post pics.

Your friend did not pay MSRP for this car.

:point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2: In for the photos

Sent you a PM

You should proceed assuming a private party is a sub 10% chance of ultimately being the buyer.

PP market is great for sub $20k cars and true sports cars and exotics (certain P and F cars), not in between.

There is an ass for every seat.

OP- list it everywhere you can where high end cars are sold, and use professional photography after a top notch, full detail.

Bring A Trailer is a great place to list and a fantastic resource to see real world sales. Keep in mind that your friend is going to get killed on the loss for this one.

$300k? At $300k it will take 20 years to sell.

1 Like

That’s the point…this guy keeps driving it for free!

2 Likes

Season 2 Showtime GIF by The L Word: Generation Q

4 Likes

Oh I get it, that’s why I told him 20 years!

See above Sherlock.

He’s an older guy, not a hackr like us. He has 6 cars, outside of an EQS580, this is probably his shittiest. The loss prob isn’t much of a concern to him tbh. Really, I’d like to do this as quickly and seamless as possible bc I can then borrow Bentleys, Rolls, etc in the future when he wants to buy or sell something. It’s a win for both of us. I drive around in an exotic, he offloads the headache with little hassle.

Appreciate the advice in here, I’ll prep him for the beating he is going to take when I pick it up next week.

2 Likes

What do the DBX707 numbers look like?

For 2023? All right around $200k.

1 Like