Question about Advertised Lease versus quoted lease

2017 is the new style, 2016 is old. They were released late but the new is classified as a 2017

Sorry for the wrong info. I’ll update my post.

except for the hideous gt models lol

I havent negotiated anything in person yet. I am a little discouraged in negotiating a lower price since many references show my price is less than the average sale price. Also, I am not fond of the MF but will ask to make multiple MSD’s if possible. What else makes any of them a bad lease? is 1 better than the other?

When you say your price, do you mean the dealer quote jpg you attached? On that one, they are charging you full MSRP.

If you plan on doing MSDs, you need to close a deal before May 1st as BMW will stop accepting MSDs after that date

Correct, he’s only quoted me $1500 (corporate incentive) of MSRP.

The discount should be much better for an old car like that. Also the MF seems marked up. You really want to be beating the 1% rule with that car.

Have a search on the forum, there are lots of good 5 series examples you could model yours on.

what do you mean by old car?

It is the Old 5 Series, you are buying old stock. The entirely new 5 series has just come out.

They will be desperate to get rid of the old models. The numbers you have posted could probably get you the new 5 series.

Ok, I ve confirmed that this is for the newer 2017 model.

1 Like

I made a mistake in claiming MY 2017 was the old style. I’ve deleted my previous comment.

IT’s the new model not the old

Its really confusing at times, The Porsche Panamera came out April 1st in dealers and its being classified as a 2017

Well be prepared to get an expensive lease, the MF is high and if you are doing it this month get MSDs.

What would make it a reasonable or fair lease? I don’t see any excessive fees…and I am unable to change the RSV . My only option appears to be a better discount of the MSRP; however, the average price sold is about 3% below MSRP.

I appreciate everyones help, thank you so much.

Well on your dealer quote there is no discount so it would be a good start to get that to a better level. I would say 5% should be achievable for an in stock car. Add in MSD’s and get the payment down further.

I don’t know if they are marking up the MF on you as Edmunds did no have the number for me to look up.

You should get all your rebates on top of any discount you negotiate off MSRP. You should aim for something like the deal below. His MSRP is way higher than yours and still has a much lower monthly.

MF is marked up as buy rate is .00146 this month.

1 Like

Well there you go, thanks @Jon, you should insist on buy rate.

thank you!:slight_smile: