Question about Advertised Lease versus quoted lease

Hello,

This is my first time attempting to lease a car. Could you tell me if the interest is already part of the monthly payment? This is for a 2017 BMW 530i. Thank you i advance:)

Online LEASE DETAILS

Offer not valid in Puerto Rico. Lease financing available on a new 2017 BMW 530i Sedan from participating BMW centers on leases assigned to BMW Financial Services through May 1, 2017. Monthly lease payments of $489.00 for 36 months based on MSRP of $53,945.00. $5,214.00 cash due at signing is based on $3,800.00 down payment, $489.00 first month payment, $925.00 acquisition fee, and $0.00 security deposit (not all customers will qualify for security deposit waiver). Tax, title, license, registration and dealer fees are additional fees due at signing. Program available from participating BMW centers to eligible, qualified customers with excellent credit history who meet BMW Financial Services credit requirements. Payments do not include applicable taxes. All figures presented are examples only. Actual MSRP may vary. Lessee responsible for insurance during the lease term and any excess wear and tear as defined in the lease contract, $0.25/mile over 10,000 miles per year and a disposition fee of $350 at lease end. Purchase option at lease end (excluding tax, title, and other government fees) is $33,446.00. Offer valid through May 1, 2017 and may be combined with other offers unless otherwise stated. Qualified rate lock applicants must take delivery within 60 days of initial lock. An additional Corporate Fleet Incentive of $1,500 off MSRP and .00020 Lease Rate reduction applied. All Credits valid through May 1, 2017. Credits may be combined with other offers unless otherwise stated. Visit your authorized BMW center for important details. Models pictured in advertisements may be shown with metallic paint and/or additional equipment.

VERSUS dealership quote

Is that for the New 5 series or the old model? If it is the old then that is a very bad deal from the dealer. Also the advertised deal includes corporate rate discounts and rebates which I assume you would have to be eligible for.

new 2017… does the monthly payment already have the interest factored in? Or Do I need to factor that in to get the true cost? I am trying to take advantage of a corporate discount.

Yes interest is included in both but boy are they bad deals, some of the worst I have seen posted here in a while.

2017 is the new style, 2016 is old. They were released late but the new is classified as a 2017

Sorry for the wrong info. I’ll update my post.

except for the hideous gt models lol

I havent negotiated anything in person yet. I am a little discouraged in negotiating a lower price since many references show my price is less than the average sale price. Also, I am not fond of the MF but will ask to make multiple MSD’s if possible. What else makes any of them a bad lease? is 1 better than the other?

When you say your price, do you mean the dealer quote jpg you attached? On that one, they are charging you full MSRP.

If you plan on doing MSDs, you need to close a deal before May 1st as BMW will stop accepting MSDs after that date

Correct, he’s only quoted me $1500 (corporate incentive) of MSRP.

The discount should be much better for an old car like that. Also the MF seems marked up. You really want to be beating the 1% rule with that car.

Have a search on the forum, there are lots of good 5 series examples you could model yours on.

what do you mean by old car?

It is the Old 5 Series, you are buying old stock. The entirely new 5 series has just come out.

They will be desperate to get rid of the old models. The numbers you have posted could probably get you the new 5 series.

Ok, I ve confirmed that this is for the newer 2017 model.

1 Like

I made a mistake in claiming MY 2017 was the old style. I’ve deleted my previous comment.

IT’s the new model not the old

Its really confusing at times, The Porsche Panamera came out April 1st in dealers and its being classified as a 2017

Well be prepared to get an expensive lease, the MF is high and if you are doing it this month get MSDs.

What would make it a reasonable or fair lease? I don’t see any excessive fees…and I am unable to change the RSV . My only option appears to be a better discount of the MSRP; however, the average price sold is about 3% below MSRP.

I appreciate everyones help, thank you so much.

Well on your dealer quote there is no discount so it would be a good start to get that to a better level. I would say 5% should be achievable for an in stock car. Add in MSD’s and get the payment down further.

I don’t know if they are marking up the MF on you as Edmunds did no have the number for me to look up.